Remember me? If you happen to be going to the conference come join me 7-8am Friday!!

Ms Shell
on 10/23/17 9:02 am - Hawthorne, CA

Friday AM Fitness: Ms. Shell Wilson

Ms. Shell's journey to better health began with her WLS in November 2007. Weighing over 300 pounds, she always had the goal of completing a Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on her bucket list, which at the time she thought was ridiculous but somehow possible.

Ms. Shell started with 5Ks (3.1 miles) and slowly moved her way up. In 2012, she discovered a run group in her area called Black Girls Run (Los Angeles Chapter). The word run initially intimidated Ms. Shell, but she didn't let that stop her from joining.

With their support and accountability, Ms. Shell has walked 6 Half Marathons between 2014 and 2017. She walked all those races, but the desire to just TRY to run was there. The picture is of Ms. Shell is her graduating from their Walk Before you Run Program. She is now one of BGR LA's Ambassadors and continues her journey to better health!

"My run is slow to me, but I AM a runner. Our motto is Your Pace, Your Race!"

Ms. Shell's current goals are varied but include getting faster with her run pace and completing a few mini triathlons. She can't wait to walk with you all as we celebrate health at this year's ObesityHelp National Conference in Long Beach.

Keith L.
on 10/23/17 10:30 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Ah...MsShell my belle! Its been a long time.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Ms Shell
on 10/24/17 7:06 pm - Hawthorne, CA

Hello my friend it's been a very very long time. How are you?

Keith L.
on 10/31/17 6:42 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I am doing well. 5 years out and still rocking it!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active