Feel like I am failing

Ladyblu
on 11/8/17 4:56 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

There could be many reasons and most of them are legit. Here is one that I don't believe has been mentioned.

You could be building muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so it might "look" like you are not losing as much if you go by the numbers. A good indicator is also measurements. Take your measurements once a week and see if they tell you a different story than your numbers.

And I agree on the apples. Limit to one or so a week and substitute lean protein. Also carrots are rather high in starch, switch out green vegs every other day. Eat the rainbow!

Also stress can play havoc with your body. Give yourself a break. You know if you are following your plan. If you are, then give it time.

I think you are doing great! Keep it up!

Diane

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Shyonecs
on 11/8/17 11:38 am

It might not be that you aren't losing, it might be that you are gaining muscle mass. Try not to concentrate so much on your weight, it's just one tool to help gauge your progress. How are your clothes feeling? Can you see any changes in your body? Do you feel any changes in your body? Do you feel stronger? Healthier? I think sometimes we rely too heavily on the scale. This is a weight loss journey, but we also gain a lot along the way that a scale can't show us, one of those being muscle mass which weighs more than fat. When I was working out, my coach (co-worker/helper) told me, I may get heavier because muscle weighs more than fat and I should concentrate on my clothes and how they look and feel. You are walking 30 minutes a day and you just started going back to the gym, you might be seeing your progress on the scale slowing because you are gaining more muscle. Please don't beat yourself up about losing "only" 6 pounds, it's 6 pounds gone and a step closer to a healthier stronger you! You got this, keep your chin up!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views