Pain

Shannon S.
on 11/9/17 12:08 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Yes very surprised about the dilaudid too. It only takes the edge off for about an hour. It certainly doesn't take me through the 4 hours. If it gets worse after today I will call my surgeon. Thanks for the advice!

happyteacher
on 11/13/17 5:44 pm

I agree with the idea that sometimes lesser pain meds work better. I have had double digit numbers of major surgeries over the last 5 years, and sometimes extra strength tylenol works better than some of the heavier pain meds. Not always of course. Hang in there- I recall the gas pain being a real nuisance in conjunction with the hernia repair. But I also remember that I felt significantly better around day 7. Not too much longer-

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Amy R.
on 11/9/17 11:08 am

Shannon I just read your description of the pain and answer to Gwen's question. Hoping you've turned a corner by now but if you haven't please call the surgeon. That is WAY too much pain. I had my gall bladder out at the same time as my WLS and was in considerable pain but even with that I didn't have nearly as bad of a time as you're having.

If they can't make your comfortable they need to figure out why.

Shannon S.
on 11/9/17 12:10 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I agree, I'm hoping things turn around for me within the next couple of days. If not, I will definitely call the surgeon. Thanks so much.

CC C.
on 11/9/17 1:19 pm

We can all be so different! My torso was numb the first day in the hospital, but I still did the pain pump thing because everyone told me to stay ahead of the pain, but I didn't need even regular Tylenol after I was released. A kidney stone had me screaming though so I don't think it's a matter of pain threshold. Maybe my torso being really long gave him more room to work?

Hope you're felling better soon!

Shannon S.
on 11/9/17 1:57 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks so much! I'm not buying into the pain tolerance either because I've been in chronic pain for years, and only ever took ibuprofen. I'm just going to tough this out. I know this will pass. Thank God my husband is home with me to help me!

Most Active