Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 1/30/2018

Gwen M.
on 1/30/18 6:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Tuesday! Today is a big school work push day for me, with a brief break for lunch with a friend and a brand-new super close to my home Indian restaurant. This could be dangerous. Erin reports that she survived surgery!

QOTD: What did your family do for vacations when you were a kid? (I'll reply in a comment)

1: protein shake
2: something delicious at the Indian place
3: Pork Forestiere, roasted brussels (I ended up not cooking last night so I could focus on school)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: maybe running? But it seems super cold and gale force windy out, so perhaps just yoga.

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 1/30/18 6:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

When I was a kid, my family used to go camping. We started off with east coast places, but when I was in high school we went out to the west coast too. My dad loved the U.S. and wanted my brother and me to see all of it instead of vacations to other countries. So I'd pretty much been to every state in the CONUS before I graduated high school. Lots of national parks and forests :) We'd car/tent camp. It was great. :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Ladyblu
on 1/30/18 6:24 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Happy Tuesday! Thank you so much for the update on Erin! I was thinking about her last evening and this morning. Today I'm painting. A bookcase and office sliding closet doors.

QOTD: We used to go camping in Pennsylvania. Camping up north is so very different than camping in Florida. I would not camp down here. Every bug is carnivorous or stings. Bugs up there were so much more domesticated. We also used to go to Florida with my grandparents and sometimes my parents would come along for a couple of weeks in the summer.

M1: Coffee, PP vanilla, miralax

M2: Kale, brisket, mushroom, cheese, onion Frittata

M3: Snow crab claws

M4: Sirloin strip and a Tbsp of chicken tomatillo chili

M5: LO brisket with mushroom gravy (noodles for family) (another meal that seems to get eternally postponed)

S: Jerky or other protein forward snack if needed

E: Painting

Water/Vits: on track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/30/18 6:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm glad Erin is doing well! I was thinking about her this morning. Good idea for the recipes yesterday, btw. I copied several of them to try. Thank you All!

QOTD: We went camping too! Mostly in New England where we lived. We also did some beach vacations, primarily before my father died (when I was 12). We would go to Beach Haven in New Jersey and rent a cottage on one of the streets leading up to the shore. The last time we went was the month he died (of a sudden heart attack at 48). I have fond memories of walking on the endless beach. My father would make boats out of 1/2 gallon paper milk cartons (looked like lobster boats), which we would pull through the water. My mother (a redhead) would huddle on the beach under an umbrella with a huge wide brimmed hat and towels covering every inch of her, except when she went swimming which she loved. We would tease her like crazy because my father, brother and I would tan. I remember a year when the waves were really high and my mother injured her tailbone crashing down underneath them. She sat on a donut pillow for months (more teasing).

1 year, 10 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Out to lunch (I'm thinking Ahi Tuna based on my preview of the menu)

D: Probably leftover grilled chicken and veggies

S: Yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Nknerr
on 1/30/18 7:26 am
VBG on 12/07/17

Glad to hear that Erin is okay! Yipee! Now starts the work!

QOTD: What did your family do for vacations when you were a kid? My father loved to surf fish so between camping in Pennsylvania and surf fishing at *****oteague State Park in Maryland, with the occasional run to Ocean City for the evening, that was our vacation. And, I am also one that has to cover every inch of my body. One year, my sister and I got such bad, bad second degree sunburns and I had sun poisoning that our vacation was miserable. We had to sleep hunched over the table in the camper because if we laid down and rolled onto our backs, we would stick to the sheets! It was horrible. We both have scars from that incident! However, we did get to see the pony round up from Assateague Island and that we cool! (The first time we went there, we had just finished the book about Misty the pony, so we were blown away!)

Today is a busy day for me too, spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday helping with a wrestling tournament. Now have to pick up the work I didn't do from that time. Will be busy for the next few days!

M1: chicken

M2: oatmeal/protein shake

M3: chicken leg

M4: Leftover Kung Pao chicken

M5: protein shake

E: to the gym for the first time since ending physical therapy. (Don't worry..Friday, Saturday I was on my feet the entire day and running back and forth! For those of you who have worked the kitchen at a wrestling tourney, you know the amount of exercise you get!)

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

Kays
on 1/30/18 7:29 am
VSG on 12/18/17

QOTD- When I was a child every year mt entire family- not just my immediate family would go camping each summer. We always had a great time and tried out different camp sites every few years. The tradition has died off but now that I have a child I am planning to try to "re- start" it.

M1- premier protein

M2: Greek yogurt

M3: Grilled chicken w low-fat sour cream

S1: jello

S2: Greek yogurt

vsg- 12/18/17 Sw- 218

current weight- 199

CC C.
on 1/30/18 8:16 am

Hi all!

QOTD: We did a lot of "exploring California" road trips when I was a kid, many of which I slept through because car rides knock me right out. My Dad had clients in Hawaii, so we would tag along with him a lot too when he had business meetings.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - chicken, beans, salsa, cheese

D - salmon, veggies

S - movie popcorn

Acedding27
on 1/30/18 8:27 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Hello!

QOTD: We didn't take any vacations. We were extremely destitute, and it was all my parents could do to keep the mortgage paid and the utilities going. There was one time we took a trip. I was in 7th grade, and I took the ACT through the Duke University Talent Search. I scored a 32 on the Reading Section, so we got $300 to travel to Hattiesburg, MS so that I could receive an award.

We all crammed into a tiny hotel room (my parents, brother, and sister) and the day after the awards ceremony, my dad drove us to the beach on the Gulf of Mexico. I swam out in the Gulf so excitedly, that I lost my glasses in the sea. I couldn't see the whole ride back, but it's still a fond memory for me.

It's important to me that I provide experiences for my own children that I did not receive, which is why my wife and I have chosen to wait so long to have a child. We have been together for six years, but with student loans, supporting my mother, multiple degrees, etc. we have not been stable enough to try. We hope to start trying this summer after either purchasing a home or moving into a bigger rental. I want to take my kid camping, on a Route 44 road trip, to San Diego (where I was born), NYC....EVERYWHERE! :-)

B: string cheese

L: Turkey taco bowl (beans, cheese, meat)

D: Turkey taco bowl WITH sour cream and two saltines

Snacks: Atkins shake, babybel cheese

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

tlh4life
on 1/30/18 8:46 am
VSG on 04/11/17

QOTD: We didn't really vacation much when I was younger. Now as an adult I try to take a couple of vacations a year.

Breakfast: Eggs, cashews, coffee

Lunch: Chicken bowl

Dinner: Chicken burger, potato, cauliflower

gracegetsgastric
on 1/30/18 8:55 am
VSG on 01/02/18

Good to hear Erin is doing well!

QOTD: My parents are divorced so we did different trips with each of them. With my mom, we went to this big lake about a 4 hour drive away every summer, and both my sister and I were allowed to each bring a friend, which was always really fun. With my dad, we went a lot of different places, but we have family in Florida and my dad has a condo there, so we went to Florida a lot. :)

M1: Premier Protein + Cold Brew

M2: Rotisserie Chicken Breast + Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge + Cucumber Ranch Yogurt Dressing

M3: Cottage Cheese

M4: Grilled Turkey + Dill Havarti Roll-ups

M5: 1/2 a Protein Bar

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

Most Active