How to change Medicaid plan before open enrollment?

Jencrouch_
on 2/22/18 3:45 am - Springfield , La

I recently was informed by Medicaid that I cannot change my plan until opening Enrollment in July and it will not take affect until September. The problem is that I will not qualify for Medicaid after July due to household changes. Can anyone give me any advice on how to appeal medicaid to allow me to change my coverage plan from Healthy Blue to United health? I'm having a hard time because it is not open enrollment. The Medicaid ooffice told me to write a letter but I have no idea on what to say or how to address them. Please help! I did express to them that this was the only doctor in the entire state willing to except me how do I prove that?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/22/18 8:54 am

This is what Google turned up: https://www.myplan.healthy.la.gov/learn/changing-your-health -plan. It says you may change your plan under certain cir****tances if you cannot get the care you need. If you have to write a letter, keep it simple and state you are (presumably) changing plans because your prospective surgeon does not accept your current plan.

Many plans do have a six-month supervised diet requirement, and before changing plans, it might be a good idea to determine if any preoperative requirements you have met will transfer.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Jencrouch_
on 2/23/18 3:02 am - Springfield , La

Thank you so much for your advice! The Medicaid office said they want supporting documents. I guess maybe a list of surgeons I've called. They would not tell me specifically. I haven't been to my surgeon yet so I don't know what documents I would be able send in. Basically I have no idea what to write or send in. I'm so first-rate it this is really starting to affect me! I can't concentrate at work I'm just letting it consume me.

Most Active