Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Thursday, February 22, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/22/18 4:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

How are you all today? Another day in the high 80's forecasted here. I finally caved and put the AC on two nights ago, but have it set at 76. My BIL arrived last night for a one week visit. Should be interesting.

QOTD: If you had the gene predisposing you to breast cancer (or the significant woman in your life did), would you get a prophylactic mastectomy? One of the women in my walking group is having one next week. She said that it took her husband (and doctor) longer to accept that it was the right thing to do than her. She had already made the decision to do a mastectomy if it was positive while awaiting the results. The doctor expected her first reaction to be freaking out, but she just asked when they could be removed. I would also do the same in a heartbeat, as to me they are just flesh (though like her I would have reconstruction).

1 year, 11 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Unsure (potentially salmon)

S: Cottage cheese and/or yogurt and/or prosciutto mozzarella stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Acedding27
on 2/22/18 5:02 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning! Thunderstorms here for the next 3 days! I suppose I cannot complain too much, it won't be freezing or sweltering, so that's a plus.

QOTD: What an interesting question....I guess I'm honestly not sure. I never really know how I would react until I'm in the situation. Luckily, no one in my family has ever had breast cancer. Lung cancer for the heavy smokers, yes. I think that I would probably have a mastectomy IF it were covered by insurance and IF the reconstruction was covered, as well. We are both young, and teachers, so we don't have a lot of money. If it were impossible, I would get mammograms 4 times a year, most likely, and be pretty OCD about it.

Breakfast: special k protein cereal with skim

Lunch: turkey, cheese, crackers

Dinner: Unsure (last night we ended up having crab dip with a few crackers, carrot sticks, and I had a piece of an apple) So, I think I'll make the chicken, goat cheese, and tomatoes that we've been putting off. It's delicious, but some nights after working all day, I just do NOT want to cook.

Snacks: 1/2 a Kroger protein bar....maybe some yogurt or something later

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

mmsmom
on 2/22/18 5:46 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning - 70s here yesterday, snow today...gotta love New England

QOTD: IDK, i feel like mammogram technology is improving constantly (I work at a company that make mammogram machines) - and with vigilant screening that breast cancer could be caught early. However, knowing i was predisposed to it, I might actually go for the mastectomy - and for sure, get some new perky implants.

B: steel cut oats

L: noosa vanilla bean

D: ham sandwich on hawaiian roll

E: depends on the weather

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 2/22/18 6:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning! I had a lovely day yesterday and it was gorgeous outside. No AC, but I did turn on the fan in the bedroom. Of course, then I also turned on my electric blanket... I'm weird.

I got my GERO paper back yesterday and got a 95%. Woo! Sadly my professor is an idiot and I'm tired of "fighting" with her. Today I'll be finishing up my HMGT post for the week and then starting work on my GERO quiz and an outline for my last HMGT assignment. I'm seriously stressing about the assignment because it requires I have an actual policy document from a real facility to address, and facilities apparently don't like giving people access to those things. (I emailed over 100 of them on Tuesday...) So.. we'll see how this works out. One person I contacted actually told me that would violate HIPAA. Um.. no? Asking for your policy on how you handle medication shouldn't involve disclosure of any personal health information..

Anyway.

QOTD: I honestly don't know. It's not something I have a lot of knowledge about, so I'd need to research and talk with a few medical providers so that I could make an informed decision.

1: protein shake
2: leftover pork ribs
3: "Smoky the Meat Loaf" - Alton Brown's newest meat loaf recipe. Stupid name :P Also roasted brussels sprouts!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: foot exercises and yoga

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 2/22/18 9:57 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Congratulations on your 95%, that's amazing! I agree, a document regarding a facility's policy does not violate HIPAA. I wonder if going to a local Assisted Living facility or nursing home in person and talking with the Director of Nursing or the Facility's director would get you better results? It might be worth a try if the emails do not get you what you need.

Nknerr
on 2/22/18 6:45 am
VBG on 12/07/17

QOTD: If you had the gene predisposing you to breast cancer (or the significant woman in your life did), would you get a prophylactic mastectomy? My cousin went through unilateral breast CA and had a bilateral mastectomy. Her daughter who just turned 19, is being tested now. Mom and Dad are saying that they will pay for prophylactic if she tests positive, or even if she is just scared and wants to have it done, but they want her to wait until later in her 20's.

2 months, 15 days post surgery

B: cheese and lunchmeat "rollup"

S1: PB crackers

L: Meatloaf

D: Unsure (either going to a dinner fundraiser for friend's kid, or chicken at home)

S: Who knows...

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

rissa1224
on 2/22/18 6:56 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Good morning all! Again, I'm here! I'm usually always here. Still planning my wedding (10/19/18!) and sadly, had to and still have to help my mom. She had spinal surgery (fusion) 12/26 and a major unexpected complication happened where she could not feel or move from the knees down. Her surgery was successful but this, this was horrible. Hospital stay for 2 weeks, then in patient rehab for another 5 weeks. She is finally home! Can't stand or walk with out a walker, and needs a wheelchair to really get around. Long sad process but, she's okay!

i also did a thing! I've been going to a personal trainer for 4 weeks. I CAN FINALLY FIT in jeans that I haven't been able to fit into since before I gained 40lbs, over 3.5 years ago. I was even sick for a week and a half and hardly worked out, but today I decided to try them on and BOOM. They fit - comfortably. I needed this trainer to kick my ass because I wasn't doing a good job, especially with everything going on with my mother.

QOTD: I am really not sure what I would do. I would think I'd make the same decisions as her, but since I am not in her shoes, I can't really guarantee.

B: plain Greek yogurt w/ blueberries, & bacon

L: 3oz leftover steak w/ spaghetti squash

D: prime rib w/ half sweet potato

S: if needed, celery w/ hummus &/or mixed nuts

liquids on track! Vitamins halfway.

Exercise: 30 min cardio, 15-20 min weights

Erin T.
on 2/22/18 6:59 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It's going to be 77 here today. I do not want to go home. I wish I could just send for my things, lol.

QOTD: Yes, I would in a heartbeat. But honestly, get rid of the ones you have and get a new perky set? Hell yes. Until my BL I had terrible boobs my entire life so I was not attached to them.

13 months post-op/Maintenance

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Sausage, Cheese

M3: Leftover Scallops, Turkey, & Cheese

M4: Going out for NC BBQ, so meat!

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

yvonnef1964
on 2/22/18 8:24 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd if I had the gene, yes I would.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D keto lasagna

Have a good day

Jess Says Yes
on 2/22/18 8:51 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning everyone! Just finished with the final session/celebration for my program graduates at the jail. It's always bittersweet! I'll start with a new group next week.

QOTD: I'm not sure. Honestly, I think it would depend on whether insurance would cover it and the reconstruction because I couldn't afford it now. My boobs were always the one part of my physique I actually liked. Perky and not too big (they looked too small when I was 326lbs, but now they're more proportionate) but I would let them go if it meant better health.

B - Protein shake

L - salami & mozzarella

D - we may eat out if we're out too late, if not I have Mahi Mahi defrosting in the fridge.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active