Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 3/21/2018

Gwen M.
on 3/21/18 5:42 am, edited 3/21/18 5:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

First day of spring, a snow day, and my dad's birthday. I miss him :(

I've got a busy day planned today. Originally I had two appointments, but they've been canceled due to weather. This is probably a good thing, since I have a ton of school work to do this week, having lost most of my productive time on Monday and Tuesday. The rest of the week is filled with other appointments, Marching on Saturday, and hopefully some movies on Sunday, so today is my big push day.

QOTD: What's something you like to do the old-fashioned way? (Tell us how you define "old-fashioned" in this context!) I'll answer in a comment.

1: protein shake
2: um.. leftover pastrami?
3: I'm hoping to sous vide some duck breasts and then hopefully there's some sort of frozen veg in the freezer. I probably have ingredients to make risotto too, so I'll do that for the guys as a treat since they pretty much never get risotto anymore. (Snow day following a 9-day vacation is suboptimal as there's not a lot of food in the house and I can't exactly get out to the store!)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: SHOVELING!

How about you? What're you up to today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 3/21/18 6:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I'm having a hard time thinking of anything that I do these days without the benefit of technology! I like to acquire my food directly from farmers when possible, and that seems old-fashioned. I haven't been able to in quite some time due to my meat-farmer going through a divorce, but for a while there I was buying half cows and half pigs to freeze. I really enjoyed that and it made me feel better about my meat consumption to know that the animals I was eating had "one bad day." Prior to VSG, I would go crazy buying veg at the farmers market every week too - now I just don't eat that much veg, so I have to be a bit more subdued with my purchasing.

And this reminds me that I have a mission of clearing out my freezers so that I have room to start buying meat in bulk again, now that my farmer is operational!

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/18 6:37 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning friends! Looks like I'm right on time for the thread to be posted. I am quite tired. I had taken yesterday off for court, but partway through the day yesterday my co-workers are texting me. People had called in because of the state surveyors, they were understaffed and the person they had sent to fill my position was only there half the day. No replacement meant my unit would be running two short, they were in a horrible situation so I told them I would be right there. Got my scrubs on and headed in and got to work. Man, was it a disaster that I walked into.

QOTD: I don't know if there are things I do the old fashioned way. I use technology for just about everything. There are hobbies I have that are maybe a little "old fashioned" like postcards. I'm part of a website where you send and receive postcards from all over the world from strangers. It's a lot of fun. I've gotten cards from Russia, Germany, China, Japan, Spain, and many more places.

Breakfast - Nature's Own Wheat + Protein bread, Whipped Greek cream cheese

Coffee with PP and Miralax

Mid morning snack - Chobani plain with PB2

Lunch - Rest of my cheese stuffed turkey meatballs I made

Afternoon snack - Cottage cheese

Dinner - Flounder filet

Misc - A little bit more PP with coffee at some point today. It usually ends up being half a container a day that goes to being coffee creamer. I recently picked up the Cookies and Cream shakes and it's to die for.

yvonnef1964
on 3/21/18 6:54 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd I defined old fashion as making things from scratch like my grandparents did. Probably be better if I did that except the treats. I try to cook that way.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D corned beef, cabbage and carrots

Have a good day

tlh4life
on 3/21/18 7:06 am
VSG on 04/11/17

QOTD: One thing I tend to do the old fashioned way is wash dishes by hand. I have a dishwasher, but I often like just doing my dishes immediately after cooking/eating. I think it's because I grew up without a dishwasher.

Breakfast: Hard boiled egg

Lunch: Chicken marsala (maybe)

Dinner: Green beans and turkey burger

Snack: Greek yogurt

mmsmom
on 3/21/18 8:05 am - Woburn, MA

Happy snow day. Working at home - now they are saying 3-6 inches - that's nothing compared to what we've been getting!

QOTD: Since my father passed last summer, I took over his vegetable garden. That's pretty old fashioned. I also like to cook from scratch whenever possible, even things like pizza dough, pasta, stock for soups. Of course, I use the computer to find recipes lol.

B: cheerios

S: some rotisserie chicken

L: full from the chicken

D: Made soup with stock frozen from Thanksgiving, the rotisserie chicken, some pasta and carrots. Yummy for a snow day.

E: walk before it starts snowing, I hope, but not very motivated.

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jess Says Yes
on 3/21/18 8:27 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi all and welcome spring! Happy birthday to your dad Gwen, missing him must be a little harder today.

Wednesdays are my longest days, but my morning session went well and I'm going to keep it moving.

qOTD: I write letters! Real paper sent through a mailbox lol. I love to write loved ones on stationary with nice handwriting. I think it helps convey how much I care for them better than any form of electronic communication.

b - Protein shake

l - pulled pork

d - sautéed shrimp with pasta for the fam

e - long day, so just whatever walking I do around DJJ and the prison.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Gwen M.
on 3/21/18 8:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks, Jess. It is a little harder today - but I look at the weather and think to myself, "well played, old man, well played." (It snowed the day he died - April 9th! So I associate weird untimely snow with him I think.)

That's great that you write letters. I try to write postcards to my friends, but then forget. Heh. I do, however, have quite the fountain pen and ink collection and keep a handwritten bullet journal every day. :D

Jess Says Yes
on 3/21/18 8:56 am
VSG on 10/24/17

That's really cool, I love that he sent you some snow today. :)

I also really like to journal, but I've gotten so slack about it! I've never written with a fountain pen and I haven't tried the bullet journal method yet, but I'm interested for sure! I do have a huge collection of colorful pens and I cannot stop myself from buying a pretty journal if I see one I like (so I've got enough to last me a decade at least haha).

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/21/18 8:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! We just got back from our morning walk and coffee (it is 11:30. Today we have poolside bbq and line dancing. Tough life to be retired!

QOTD: I had to really think as I love technology. One thing is washing pots by hand. We never put them in the dishwasher (though everything else goes in). Also I love to shop the old-fashioned way in a store (though I LOVE online shopping as well - it just added a new dimension for me).

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: burger with sauerkraut (no bun)

D: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views