Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday March 23, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/23/18 4:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

TGIF for those working. I hope your Friday goes well and you have interesting plans for the weekend. We may go to the beach today or tomorrow, otherwise we need to clean house, do laundry, and work on getting Justice acclimated to the travel crate he will be in on the way home in mid April.

QOTD: What do you think is the average temperament for most people? I started to say "normal", but what the heck does "normal" even mean??? Do you think most people are depressed/pessimistic or most are cheery/optimistic? I think it is a combination for most (some days of each but not too low or too high) though I think being generally more positive is more common than being generally negative.

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli turkey

D: Leftover pulled pork

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 3/23/18 6:37 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Friday. Working at home, which makes me happy and saves me 2 hours on the road. I love at the end of the day when i log off work and there is no commute! Going to dinner at a friend's house tonight - should be fun, going for a sticky bun tomorrow morning with my daughter (OMG, unreal and worth the calories 1 or 2x a year). They were on Bobby Flay's throwdown (Flour Bakery) - and are the most amazing foods. This is a birthday treat from my daughter. I probably will eat 1/4 of one, haha.

QOTD: Interesting question. I think most people seem "normal" on the surface but many suffer from depression, etc. silently. I am an eternal optimist, which is sometimes frustrating because I'm convinced that things will get better, change, etc. and then they don't always.

B: toast at 6 am... need something else

L: Leftover soup

D: chicken parm and birthday cake

VSG on 04/28/2014

yvonnef1964
on 3/23/18 6:58 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Not sure what I have planned for the weekend. My friend closed on a house and might be moving this weekend so I'll watch her grandkids. Probably see my dad too.

Qotd since I suffer from major depression but I try to stay optimistic most of the time. I think that most of people are between that but they're a lot of angry people in this world so I don't know if they are depressed.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D corned beef, cabbage and carrots

Have a good day

mmsmom
on 3/23/18 7:42 am - Woburn, MA

yes, I agree - alot of angry people... terrible

VSG on 04/28/2014

Lunachick
on 3/23/18 11:41 am

Hello all,

QOTD: I don't know about most people but I know I work with a bunch of pessimistic people, however, we love what we do. It's weird!! I like to stay cheery which is often overwhelming for some people and I put them off. I still love being happy so I try to be that way as much as possible.

Early - Protein shake

B - 1 scrambled egg and sausage patty

L - beef brisket, beans, and ice cream (splurge day)

D - no plans yet - prefer to have lots of veggies since lunch was high carb

Still working the process for surgery (revising from Lapband). Meeting with my Medical Provider's counselor next week for our first of five sessions.

Have a great weekend!!

Jess Says Yes
on 3/23/18 11:51 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi all! The kids are having friends over for a sleepover tomorrow so tonight I've got to clean house and grocery shop.

QOOTD: I think most people naturally lean one way or the other, but not to the extreme. I call myself a secret optimist because I like to call out all the possible negative outcomes while secretly believing that by calling them out they won't happen haha.

B - Protein shake

l - salami & mozzarella

d - I don't know yet

s - pimento cheese on a quinoa rice cake

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/23/18 12:30 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

If you watch This is Us, Randall and his wife have this routine to deal with stress where they say out loud all the worst things that could possibly happen given the situation they are confronted with. I think the idea is that whatever they really have to deal with probably won't be as bad as the worst (or at minimum they have already thought about it). I kind of like that way of thinking...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 3/23/18 12:25 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi all! Spending the day working on school with a brief break for physical therapy. I skipped my fitness classes this morning to sleep in and then get to work, probably not the right call but I can't change it now.

QOTD: I think I'm more optimistic and hopeful than many people.

1: protein shake
2: deli chicken
3: a little gnocchi mac and cheese
4: sous vide wild boar, and some pasta dish for the guys

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: physical therapy

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Carmaneel
on 3/23/18 12:47 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 08/25/17

QOTD: I don't think there is anything close to a "normal temperament" for human beings in general. Everyone has what's normal to them and that's what makes people so interesting. We're all different!

7 Months Post-Op

B: Spinach, sausage & feta egg bake, 1/2 slice sprouted wheat bread

S1: 1 Turkey pepperoni

L: 2.5oz Turkey Breast, 1oz Salad mix, 1oz spicy chickpea salad

D: 3oz lamb shank and some veggies of some sort

Totals:

757 Cal
70g protein
33g Carb
39g Fat

VSG: Aug 25th, 2017|| HW: 398 CW: 250 GW: 190 Age: 29 | 5'9"

CC C.
on 3/23/18 1:05 pm

Happy Friday!

QOTD: Before I worked in customer service, I used to think the world was mostly normal people peppered by jerks and weirdos. After working in customer service, my views did a 180 degree turn. It's mostly jerks and weirdos peppered by normal people!

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - cheese, salami, crackers

D - sushi

S - sugar free vanilla latte

Most Active