Post op Bruising question

crissyv
on 4/8/18 5:38 pm

Hi there,

• I am 3 weeks post op and recently noticed that my bruising around the incisions goes all the way down to my lower stomach. Is this normal? It's very faint barely noticeable but I thought it was kinda weird. It's like light gray patches.
hollykim
on 4/8/18 6:43 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 9, 2018 at 12:38 AM Pacific Time, crissyv wrote:

Hi there,

• I am 3 weeks post op and recently noticed that my bruising around the incisions goes all the way down to my lower stomach. Is this normal? It's very faint barely noticeable but I thought it was kinda weird. It's like light gray patches.

yes it is normal. It is from where the manipulatecthe scope tool inside your abdominal cavity. They will go away

Shannon S.
on 4/9/18 3:59 am
VSG on 11/07/17

I had a lot of bruising too. Are you on blood thinners? Any other signs of bleeding? I don't think it is problem, but if you are on blood thinners, you may just be extra vigilant about the signs of bleeding: bleeding gums, dark tarry stool, incisions oozing blood, nose bleeds, or blood in urine. It looks like it is healing so I wouldn't worry (unless you have other symptoms) but just pay attention to any further signs.

AnnieG522
on 4/9/18 4:32 am
VSG on 10/05/17

I think it is -- I've had lots of surgery (some in places I couldn't see), but after my sleeve I had bruises that migrated like that, and one (6 months later) still a little off color, over on my hip. I do think its a spot I bump into the breakfast room chairs, which are tall (and I'm clumsy). I do take Plavix blood thinner.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Most Active