Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, May 16, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/18 4:58 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning everyone! Today is supposed to be a beautiful day, so am looking forward to being out with a friend. I'm helping an older lady I know today get out and do her shopping, she only leaves the house for those shopping trips, so I like taking her out. I bought a bathing suit yesterday. Was too nervous to try it on in the store and haven't put it on yet lol. I'll have to face the music since I'm going swimming this afternoon when they open around 7.

Yesterday I didn't get to the gym, instead I did yard work. There's an old section of the yard that was used as a temporary pin for our dogs then, it's not used anymore, but it was pretty much abandoned. Big, open area. I cleaned it out, chopped down annoying trees coming up, ate up the weeds with the weed eater, mulched and filled any big dips with soil. Then I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos, and squash. I like that its in the old dog pin, since I can close it off to my dogs that I know would stomp through it with their big, clumsy feet.

An issue I did discover was that one of the drainage pipes from the gutter wasn't draining correctly and likely hadn't been for years. The ground all under that area in the corner of that home caves in. It's a large sink hole! I'm filling it with gravel and soil to level it off and have to get the drainage pipe fixed.

QOTD: Something else and not very deep. Do you watch television? What're you watching right now?

I don't have cable, but I have the internet and Netflix and Amazon Prime. I tend to at least have an ongoing show that I'm working on. Just finished the last season of the Santa Clarita Diet on netflix.

mmsmom
on 5/16/18 5:30 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Sounds like alot of activity yesterday - and productive to boot! I walked with my boss - he has worked out a nice walking route - and it was quite pleasant even though it was hot and humid and we got caught in rain. Last night my room was so hot - wouldn't cool down - and today it's almost cold out here. Crazy.

QOTD: I was born in the 60s which means we watch alot of tv. My favs are Big Bang, Deadliest Catch, Grey's, Madam Sec, watching Boesch on Netflix and trying to get through Sons of Anarchy.

B: steel cut oats, watermelon

L: unprepared so the caf - most likely salad with turkey breast

D: still no kitchen - have to go to home depot so maybe something while we're out

E: probably nothing formal

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/16/18 5:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! You are industrious! I want to plant tomatoes for the first time in potentially 30 years, but haven't gotten to work on it yet.

Today I have my 2 year WLS check (a little delayed). I checked my weight last year and it is only .4 pounds different so I feel good about that. Afterwards I am going to my old office to visit which I'm looking forward to. I had lunch with my former team yesterday (we all left the company during the reorg of our department).

QOTD: I record a lot of cop and medical dramas, a few comedies, and all the HGTV house hunting shows where there is water involved (beachfront bargain hunt, lakefront bargain hunt, Caribbean Life, Mexico Life...). I always have something to watch...

2 Years, 1.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Prosciutto and mozzarella stick (while on the road - my appointment is 1.5 hours away)

D: leftover halibut (I still haven't gotten to it)

S: apple (maybe protein bar)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Theduffman27
on 5/16/18 6:16 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Mersh and Menu crew. Went to the gym last night, and then a Non - eventful evening, though still did not sit down until 9:30 pm. The time just flies by in the evening.

Accountability was spot on.

QOTD - I do no****ch many programs at the time they are on. I also have Hulu and Netflix, am cutting the ties with cable next month, I bought a streaming device that is loaded with options and need to figure it out. LOL Some of our favorites - The Resident, Code Black, Greys anatomy and the Chicago series - Med, PD and Fire. I have recently started watching Designated survivor and enjoy that as well. Most of my viewing comes after 10 pm....I am a night owl.

B - Premier protein shake

S - Caramel apple pie greek yogurt

L - Roast beef chef salad

S - 2 hard boiled eggs

D - Chicken divan casserole ( Chicken breast, cream of chicken soup, broccoli and cheddar cheese)

S - SF Popscicles

Cal - 1036, carb - 26, Pro - 120

E - 3 mile run

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

AnnieG522
on 5/16/18 6:21 am
VSG on 10/05/17

I got tired just reading your post! Wow!

QOTD: Something else and not very deep. Do you watch television? What're you watching right now?

Frankenstein Chronicles....and anything BBC/mystery theater

B: 1 slice Canadian bacon, 1/4 homemade waffle w marmalade

Premier Protein shake

1 corn tortilla, fatfree refried beans w fat free cheddar

Mojo pork w green beans

???

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

MissCheri18
on 5/16/18 6:27 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

I've been watching Frankenstein Chronicles too! Cool to see someone else is.

Jess Says Yes
on 5/16/18 8:00 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning everyone! I'm heading to neurofeedback, then to my pre-release group, and I have my trauma group this evening. Happy hump day.

QOTD:My favorite shows to rewatch over and over are The Office & Parks & Rec. We quit cable years ago and just stream. Right now Nick & I are watching Last Man on Earth & Brooklyn Nine Nine. The kids and I love watching Master Chef Jr together.

B - Protein shake

L - triple zero yogurt with almonds

D - beef stew (mostly just the beef)

s - cucumbers & avocado

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 5/16/18 9:52 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone, hope you are all doing well! Sounds like you got a lot of work done yesterday Mersh, your energy is coming back!

I had my 6 month post op check on my shoulder yesterday. She gave me a referral to a plastic surgeon, my bra straps are rubbing on my shoulders really bad and are aggravating my repaired shoulder. No matter what bra I try, nothing helps. So maybe the plastic surgeon will be able to do a breast reduction to get the weight off of my shoulders. The weight came off my breasts really fast and I was left with flat, long and heavy ones:-)

I won one hand at Mah Jong last night! Tonight is Bunko and the pot is going to be over $160(16 people at $10 each) So maybe my winning streak will continue through tonight. It's a beautiful day, it will be the last one for awhile since the rain is moving in and staying through the weekend.

QOTD-I just finished the last episode of "Call the Midwife". I started a new show on Netflix called "Safe" it stars the guy from "Dexter" and so far it's really good. I am also in the middle of "Love" on Netflix as well. On regular T.V. I am watching "Little People Big World," I have even visited their farm in Oregon:-) I love anything British, so I watch a lot of shows on PBS.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-2% Fage Yogurt with blackberries, stevia and diced almonds

S-Chai tea and string cheese

D-Potluck at Bunko, will try to eat protein forward

E-Short hike with Emmy

Have a great Wednesday!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/18 12:44 pm, edited 5/16/18 5:45 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I feel better. It?s taken some playing around with meals and how many calories is actually too few I think. When I dip below 700 I seem to feel it!

I also just started Safe. I checked it out because of my love for Dexter initially, turned out to be pretty good.

Good luck with the PS referral! I hope they can help. Since it's doctor ordered will it be insurance covered?

corriev
on 5/16/18 11:05 am, edited 5/16/18 4:08 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Im thinking of canceling cable , and just using netflix.. I don****ch too much, and find myself outside more and more. I watched central intelligence last night.

My day looks like:

B - Protein Shake

S - Slice of LF cheese

L - ( eat out) deconstructed sandwich without the bread, 2 x turkey slice, 1/2 Avocado, 3 slices tomatoe

S - poached microwave egg

D - 1/2 can Tuna in water, Cottage cheese, Scoop Salsa

S - slice roast beef.

MFP says.

cal - 510

protein - 86

fat - 19

carb - 15

Most Active