Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, May 18, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/18 6:57 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Slept in today and got on and thought I would get us started with a late meal thread. I have an appointment next week to have my RMR tested, so I'm anxious to get that started and know where I need to be for calories for losing and maintenance after awhile. I've had a lot of anxiety over the scale, so I have decided to lock it up and give my grandmother the pantry key (there's really nothing in it) so I can only weigh once a week. Being driven crazy over 6 oz was ridiculous. It was honestly bad and it effected the way I made my meals the next few days and I weighed probably 4 more times yesterday knowing full well the scale would not tell me what I wanted, but I did it anyway. Called my therapist and made an earlier appointment to talk, I think it will make me feel better. My initial goal was to increase calories. I don't have anything left to give weight wise I feel like except muscle and it's showing. There is still fat on my calves (omg why there of all places it looks like I have pop-eye arms for legs), but every where else is just bone. Am I just so used to fat covering everything that I don't know what not fat feels like and all the protrusions of my hips and rips and shoulders and back are just normal? I do plan to increase calories, but not with food. I'll probably just add a protein shake in after my run on the treadmill and I will NOT weigh at the gym!

Okay, I'm sorry, probably shouldn't have gone into that sort of rant on the meal thread! Didn't mean to write a personal blog of worries in our happy zone! Enough with that, let's get a happy QOTD started

QOTD: What was your favorite toy/s when you were younger?

Mine were my barbies. I loved playing with Barbies and playing pretend everything. My sister and I played with them together, but she outgrew them much quicker than I did. At a certain age playing with dolls was taboo, but I didn't catch on. I still love Barbies, and I love the new dolls like Monster High ones. Though I like to look at them now more than play with them.

Theduffman27
on 5/18/18 7:13 am, edited 5/18/18 12:14 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Mersh and Menu crew. I understand your frustration with the scale. I went through a rough period when I was about a year post op. I was obsessed. I changed my routine to weigh only in the morning, naked and after a BM. I do not weigh myself unless all of those conditions exist. LOL. You will figure out what works for you. Rain is in the forecast here this weekend so I will mow my lawn this evening, I have been using my push mower and not my tractor and while it takes longer I am getting exercise while I mow. I have had two neighbors ask me if my tractor was broken...LOL...I explained that I have decided to push the lawn as time allows!!! ( The joys of living in a development, no one misses a thing).

QOTD - I hope my answer does not offend anyone - I am 50. Toy guns and playing outside was fun when I was a kid, we were never indoors. I wish we had the nice toy guns that are available today, we did not have alot of variety in the day.

B - Two hard boiled eggs

S - Oikos triple zero

L - left over chicken divane

S - 3 oz roast beef

D - Grilled ribeye

I am sure I will add a light snack

E - non gym or run day.

Calories - 931, Carbs - 23 , Prot - 122

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/18 8:17 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I don't even think you can find you water guns much anymore. Those neon colored plastic toys are too bad of an influence I guess

mmsmom
on 5/18/18 8:26 am - Woburn, MA

Having a son I know that a boy will make even a random piece of wood into a gun.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jess Says Yes
on 5/18/18 8:00 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi Mersh. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and struggles! I think it's very smart to weigh weekly as then you are seeing the actual change rather than fluctuations in water, etc. I think it's also great that you're seeking out your therapist as you need them. You're right to be concerned about developing a different eating disorder when you're feeling that level of anxiety and worry. You've done wonderfully and you're being so proactive and taking care of yourself as best you can, so I hope you're proud of yourself!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/18 8:16 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you for those kind words. I will really be put at ease when I get my rmr tested. It is not knowing that really bothers me. I think "What if being so big completely ruined my metabolism and anything over 800 calories will make me gain?" Logically I know that maintaining at lower than 800 only would be an extreme scenario, but knowing will put me at so much more ease! If only Thursday would hurry up!

Jess Says Yes
on 5/18/18 8:18 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I hope you get good news on the RMR!!!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Erin T.
on 5/19/18 4:42 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Having an RMR really helped me to learn to increase my calories. When I had it I was eating 700-800/day and I found out that my RMR was 1,540 (and you have to add 300-400 to that to maintain if you're a generally active person). I started adding 50-100 calories to my calorie budget per wee****il I maintained. That gave me a nice buffer below goal for any potential regain.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Jess Says Yes
on 5/18/18 8:07 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning! It's Friday, the weather has cooled a bit, and I'm working from home today so I'm feeling fan-freaking-tastic lol!

QOTD: My siblings and I are all very close in age, so we were always playing together and making up imaginary worlds. My mom worked as an administrative assistant at an IT company so our favorite thing ever was the pieces and parts of old computers she would bring home for us (we didn't own a real computer). We would use the parts to transform our house into a spy headquarters. There were always keyboards and calculators taped to the wall (they were security key pads of course). Otherwise I would definitely say my bike. We rode our bikes miles a day and that free feeling was awesome.

B - Coffee & protein

L - leftover shrimp ceviche

D - cheeseburger no bun

S - pickles

Jess

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/18 8:19 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I love that that's so cute! I loved pretend. I never got Pokémon cards, but loved Pokémon. Me and my friends would play pretend Pokémon on the playground like the biggest nerds.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views