Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, May 26, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/18 4:56 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Okay, correct date? Check! QOTD? Check!

Good morning everyone! I slept pretty well, but I stayed up too late playing a game on my handheld. I knew it was time to go to bed only when as I was laying there, I dropped it square on my face. It is a little heavier than my phone, so I really felt it! Yesterday I didn't do a ton out, but I guess I was out long enough to get all burnt up. Across my nose and cheese are lobstered up and hurt to touch. My Burt's Bee's moisturizer with spf was not enough to protect me.

No big plans for today. Laundry, cleaning and all and trying to follow my meal plan without feeling anxious over the increase in calories! So far so good, but it IS only about 7am, the day is long lol. I just want to at least hit my baseline estimate for what my body actually is saying it requires for function at 1010 calories. Not the "lifestyle" calorie increase just yet, but just around that basic number. I bought a HR monitor, one that Erin suggested to strap around my chest for accurate measurements of my heart rate during cardio and therefore, calories expended. I'm excited to get all strapped up! For now though, today is HIIT cardio at my gym day. I hate the process of doing it, but absolutely love feeling physically exhausted by the end of it. Weird, right?

QOTD: What was the last gift that you received?

yvonnef1964
on 5/26/18 5:32 am, edited 5/25/18 10:33 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Im taking my friend to see her dog and brother. I didn?t realize how much she missed him until last night support group. I hope she can find a place that allows dogs.

Qotd I got money and taken to a concert for my birthday. My niece gave me a gift card to the movie theater. An actually gift was last Christmas I got a tee shirt, coasters,and a night shirt.

I have a funny story about my friends grandson. He wanted a ice cream cone and it started dripping so I licked it. He wouldn't touch it after that because I did that. I told him that's what moms do.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese. Also had leftover Logans homemade potato chips

L chicken tenders

D not sure where I?ll be but I do have protein bars in my purse for emergencies

Have a good day.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/26/18 5:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes the date is correct! It is a sunny warm Saturday here and I don't have to deal with Cape Cod bridge traffic thank goodness. I am going to the beach on the pond around the corner as soon as practical before we do family stuff later in the day. I waited around yesterday to get together with the family, but then was told we would do it today instead.

QOTD: The last gift was a great nautical bracelet from my son's birthmother when we went out for Mother's Day dinner. I love it and love that she and I can share Mothers Day.

2 Years, 2 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese - probably some deli turkey too (not much tuna salad left in container)

D: Not sure - family stuff so there might be a BBQ or going out to eat (or if home, leftovers)

S: apple and/or protein bar

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 5/26/18 8:07 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! It's a beautiful Saturday here. Heading out to meet my family at the lake. My sister is up for the weekend. We'll spend the day on the boat and in the water.

QOTD: My husband gave me Gryffindor pajamas for Mother's Day lol. They're perfect :)

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

D - leftover beef stew (mostly the beef)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

CC C.
on 5/26/18 9:40 am

Still in my $&@!?% recliner 18 days after skin removal surgery. I think my opened incisions might be improving, but it's a slow road. Still can't bend over, so I can't walk my dog. So I feel like a useless lump right now and a terrible dog mom. He can potty in the yard, but doesn't want to. Everything frustrates me right now.

B - protein shake, yogurt

L - ?

D - real good pizza

S - protein shake, not sure

Kristi T.
on 5/26/18 11:00 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

He will forgive you Cecily, they have such a wonderful capacity for unconditional love He also knows your not feeling very good, hang in there!

CC C.
on 5/26/18 12:49 pm

Ferg's a unique dog who doesn't seem to care if I'm not 100%! I also think his love is conditional on getting as many walks as he wants... I love him anyhow!

Kristi T.
on 5/28/18 9:11 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Emmy is the same way, it's all about her, she is very selfish:-) But, she does know when something isn't right and will not leave my side until it's all okay again.

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/18 2:38 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I'm sorry, Cecily :( I send well wishes your way. I had a dog like that. I spent a fortune training her, she would still do what she wanted regardless. That's chihuahuas for you, I think. How long did they tell you you would be down?

CC C.
on 5/26/18 2:44 pm

2-3 weeks. I wi****hought I'd be back closer to myself in 3 days, but that's not going to happen!

Most Active