Whatcha eating today VSgers -Monday 05/28/2018 From Melbourne AUSTRALIA

ShirlAus
on 5/28/18 3:51 am, edited 5/28/18 1:17 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hi All

Im being cheeky - way cheeky. Its 8.36pm Monday night here and Im considering bed. You guys will all be sleeping - I hope by the time you read this you have woken feeling refreshed and have smiles on your faces

Being the first post on here has been something I have wanted to do but needed to do my time (self imposed)

QOTD: What makes your heart smile? What is something that when you think about it brings an instant smile to your face - dont feel you need to hold back - I will answer in my post

Its bedtime nearly for me in Aus but I have semi planned my day tommorrow

Im working till around 2pm then my baby and only sister (RIP) would have turned 47 - I grieve for her in many different ways every single day- I watched my father struggle n follow her 18 months after her death. My Mum and I lost half our family in 18 mths. It tested us but made us a strong unit and tommorrow we will gather together and lay flowers on both their graves. It keeps everything in perspective and allows us to realise what truely matters - for that Im eternally thankful - family is all that matters to me.... Allows you to let the little things go !

I am under a month to my 12 months since surgery and I feel amazing. I am thankful every day and though I havent made my mind set goal completely I continue to keep it real and realise how far I have come. Thats so very important !!! I have lost 85.8 lbs in 11 months

Some meal planning has been done - will list it here

B: Poached Egg on toast

S: Protein bar

L: Fried rice with Shrimp

D: Mexican Cream cheese chicken

Have a great day all :)

From Melbourne Australia x

ShirlAus
on 5/28/18 3:55 am
VSG on 06/26/17

My family makes my heart smile - spending time with our family on both sides brings me so much joy

I love cooking and that transpires to making meals for everyone on both sides. Thank goodness I still work 40 hours a week or their freezers would be overflowing- we spend most weekends working to help them all. Its rewardng.

What brings you true joy?

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/18 5:21 am
VSG on 01/12/17

You cheeky devil, you!

Don't have much planned for memorial day, no cook outs, or any get togethers. Lunch out is about it, I think. I don't know where we are going for sure, but normally it is only one of a couple places, so planned for our most common place. I took my nintendo 3DS (it is a handheld gaming system for those who don't know) in to trade in for a newer model and the guy opened my system up to transfer my data. He was amazed at how many steps the system's pedometer had on it. The system uses a reward system for steps taken with the handheld, you get a coin for every 100 steps and you can usually use coins in different games, or to purchase it. He asked if I used the bouncing it off your leg method to simulate steps. I laughed and told him no, I just move a lot. Funny, I used to use the cheat system when I was SMO because I was barely out of the house. Now I prefer being out and doing something, even if it's just walking around the store.

Calorie increasing is going OK, though it's a bit of a adjustment to get my brain set. Ate so long living the 600-800 calories during weight loss mantra. Anything more is messing with my brain! I weighed yesterday, so no more weighing until a week from now (hopefully I stick to that and don't unlock the scale again to weigh early.)

QOTD: I can't really think of anything that makes me smile like that by just thinking about it. I do get easily excited over small things though. I love all things cute and collectible and small. Toys especially. I loved kid's toys. Not exactly the answer to the QOTD, but I can't think of anything that makes my heart smile.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/28/18 6:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It took me a long time to increase my calories for maintenance for the same reason, which is why I ended up about 10 pounds less than my personal goal. But not a problem now (somewhat unfortunately...).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 5/28/18 5:43 am, edited 5/27/18 10:44 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning!

I'm still in the "ugh, when will my nose ever stop running" phase of my sickness. I've got big plans this week, so this needs to end!

Plans for today, since we're all home, involve normal household stuff for me and then, at some point, we're all going to watch a movie. Well, we've narrowed it down to Valerian, which we all wanted to see but missed in the theater, and two episodes of Electric Dreams since every episode is standalone, so it'll be okay to watch just the first two. (It can be challenging to find things all three of us want to watch because Art is picky and both the guys are indecisive!) I'm hoping to Skype with my mom tonight depending on when she gets home from her weekend with my brother. I've also got school work to do since I'm gone Friday-Monday and want to make sure I'm ahead of the game before I leave so I won't need to do too much work while I'm out of town.

I spent a lot of time yesterday figuring out Boston, so I feel prepared for my trip!

QOTD: Playing ping pong with my mom. We always have such a riotous grand time and I love it. I love her.

1: soup...
2: maybe a protein shake, maybe some leftover pulled pork
3: Art is home for the holiday, so we're trying an experiment - I'm going to sous vide steaks (I think he got rib eye) and then he's going to finish them on the Big Green Egg. The guys will have leftover roasted veggies and rice, I'll just eat steak.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: home physical therapy things

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 5/28/18 8:56 am, edited 5/28/18 1:58 am - Woburn, MA

Lifelong Boston native, if you have Any questions

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/28/18 5:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So nice to see you start the post Shirley! I'm sorry about the tragedy your family endured. Mine have been spread out, but they are always with me.

QOTD: Reading your Post made me think of my deceased daughters smile which makes me smile. She passed at 32, but would be turning 46 this year. My other children make me smile as well. AND being on a beach in the sun brings me joy.

2 Years, 2 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey or chicken meatballs (leftovers that need to be eaten)

D: more leftovers - scallops, I think

S: yogurt and or prosciutto/mozzarella stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 5/28/18 7:44 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Im taking my friend to see her mom that has Alzheimer's and was put in a nursing home a month ago. She hasn't seen her since she moved due to not having transportation and it's an hour away.

Qotd My family and friends especially my friends grandkids.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L chicken tenders

D tbd

Have a good day

Jess Says Yes
on 5/28/18 8:05 am, edited 5/28/18 1:06 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Shirl I am sorry for your loss. Sending warm thoughts to you & your mom on this painful anniversary.

Good Morning and Memorial Day to you all. My brother is deployed in Afghanistan right now, and I am thinking about him a lot as Memorial Day is tough for him. He has lost several friends in combat and by suicide due to ptsd following combat and this is the day in which he honors them all. He used to always spend the day having a drink for each them until he was wasted, but he is sober now which can make it harder because he has to just feel his feelings. I love him a lot and I'm so proud of him.

I have today off and my kids spent the night with my sister, so I'm just waking up :) I spent the weekend with my family, and today my best friends are taking me out for an early birthday dinner. It has been a lovely long weekend.

QOTD: Absolutely my family. I'm super close with my brother and sisters & my parents and we keep each other laughing and take care of each other. And Nick and Rylan & Nyah are the light of my life. At least once a day I get out my phone and look at pictures of my kids and just beam :)

B - coffee & protein

L - triple zero yogurt & almonds

D - I'm thinking scallops!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Miss150
on 5/28/18 8:36 am

B. Protein shake

L. Chicken, lettuce, carrots, asparagus

S. Chicken, cauliflower

S. HB egg,Greek yogurt, small handful almonds

Coffee, milk

protein- 82, carbs- 35, calories- 810, liquids- great, F/V servings- 6.

QOTD- Great question. I used to plan how I would be happy, finally, when I got my **** together (sometime in the future). This led to much grandiose dreaming. This morning while drinking coffee on the deck with DH and Noodle the dog, I found myself looking around and smiling at the delightful green that is our back yard.

I am learning as I get older that happiness for me is living in the moment- really seeing all that is my life and being grateful for it. (A work in progress, but so much better than throwing every day away, hoping the next day would be that "perfect day that never will come".

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active