Two Weeks Until Surgery

FacingChallenges
on 6/1/18 6:36 pm
VSG on 06/18/18

Hello, I am new to this group. I have tried everything available to lose and maintain a healthy weight including lapband. My lapband was successful for four years. However in October, my husband woke me because I was literally foaming at the mouth. After visiting with my doctor who performed my lapband procedure, a swallow study and further testing, it was discovered that my lapband had malfunctioned. It was removed immediately. I had lost 100 plus pounds and have now put a good 50 back on .

I have taken the steps to re-qualify for weight loss surgery. This time, I will have the sleeve procedure. My approval letter has arrived, the date is set and I will begin my two week pre-op diet on Monday the fourth. My family is supportive and together we will all become healthier.

I'm excited about being a part of this group. Reading many of the posts which offer advice and encouragement are inspiring.

Can't say I'm not nervous about the sleeve because I am, however I'm more excited about facing the challenges and regaining my health.

RunCatRun
on 6/1/18 10:02 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I wish the best for you!

FatboySlimming
on 6/1/18 10:35 pm
VSG on 12/06/18

9 Days for me, I am also nervous, but this group overwhelmingly responded to my introduction and put alot of those nerves aside.

I dont have any real experience or guidance to offer you other than if you are getting on the optifast diet, day 1-3 was tough, its day 4 now and I am not even hungry. Stick to it and your body will get used to it.

Hope your surgery and mine go well!

Goodluck!

HighestW: 273 StartW:266 SurgeryW:244 CurrentW:240 GoalW:185

Surgery: 12th of June 2018

FacingChallenges
on 6/2/18 9:09 am
VSG on 06/18/18

Thanks for the support. I won't be doing the optifast diet but my doc and nutritionist have put a pre-op plan in place which I will start on Monday. It is almost identical to the one I completed with my lapband. I will focus on the positive and push through the challenges.

Excited for you. The days will pass by quickly for both of us. I'll be eager to read your first response after surgery.

I'm confident that both of our procedures will go well

Good luck... you've got this!

Most Active