Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, June 2, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/2/18 6:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I hope you all have some fun weekend plans. It is sunny and warm here right now but I think it will be a mixed sun/cloudy day. I am thinking of traveling "down Cape" (as in further east on Cape Cod than where I live) to take a nature walk where they allow dogs on leashes.

QOTD: What do you pack for travel food when you aren't sure where/when you will be eating? I usually bring protein bars and sometimes cheese sticks. I find that the protein bars can give intestinal distress though, so I'd like some other ideas. We are traveling to Aruba a week from today.

2 Years, 2 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Salmon with spinach, white beans and lemon (leftover from last night)

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

lbalaw2
on 6/2/18 7:01 am
VSG on 09/19/17

Supposed to downpour this afternoon in SE PA.

I use jerky and cheese sticks for food when driving long distance. I have packed a cooler and brought chicken skewers or yogurt. I pre-weigh and pack in baggies so I know the portion size to track. They also have those cheese crisps in a bag now. To me they taste like air so not my favorite.

B-coffee with H&H egg, cheese, and Canadian bacon

L- Left over shrimp stirfry

D-Left over shredded beef with veg undecided. My son (who eats everything) is away, so many leftovers.

S- Jerky

E-elliptical and weights this afternoon

liquids and vitamins thru out the day.

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/18 10:35 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Pork rinds are nice for crispy snacks. I like the hot variety. 80 cal, 8g protein no carbs for most variety.

Teresa G.
on 6/2/18 12:28 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I love those cheese crisps but they are definitely a slider food for me. I can't bring them in the house anymore.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Miss150
on 6/2/18 7:17 am

Good morning!

QOTD: I pack a small insulated lunch sack with some combination of- individual tuna packets, hard boiled eggs, cheese, baby carrots, jerky, a few nuts, apple- I try to figure about how many meals worth of calories and protein needed while traveling, and pack accordingly.

calories- 894, protein- 71 (ham, chicken, Greek yogurt, Hard boiled egg) , Carbs- 63 ( apple, avocado, carrots, lettuce, cauliflower, celery) Snacks- almonds, PB, liquids- barely ok.

Enjoy Aruba!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

yvonnef1964
on 6/2/18 8:24 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I slept in this morning. I had a drunk late night visitor last night begging for food. I figured if you have money for booze, you need to get your priorities set up right. Also I was afraid he would do it all the time if I did it once and I wasn't going to open that can of worms.

Qotd tuna packets, nuts, jerky, cheese sticks and protein bars

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D new chicken dish and riced cauliflower

Have a good day

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/18 10:34 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Love the new profile picture, Liz!

I am on the run today taking some goodies to the aids and nurses in my moms nursing home. Plus internet is out after big storm so only my phone! Thank God for phones.

QOTD: Cheese, protein bar or a caveman primal bar as of late. Nuts as of late too since I buy the little packs.

Breakfast - turkey sausage and 2 egg whites with half oz of Monterey Jack cheese

Lunch - grilled shrimp skewers

Dinner - salsa chicken, low carb wrap with plain Greek as topping

Snack - small peach, 4oz of protein shake (maybe 8 depending how the day goes). My coffee consumption has doubled the last week.

Miss150
on 6/2/18 11:41 am, edited 6/2/18 4:41 am

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Teresa G.
on 6/2/18 12:27 pm, edited 6/2/18 5:35 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I can't wait to try the scramble cottage cheese eggs. But who knows how long it will be before I can have cheese again or if I'll even like it! I sure I hope I like eggs post op...I've got a backyard coop with 6 very productive hens!

QOTD: I drive all over the state for my job and I always have a cooler with me. I really like the prosciutto wrapped cheese sticks. I always have Quest or RXBars on hand, and jerky and some fruit. Post surgery I'll probably just have protein powder and almond milk with me! LOL

Here's what's on my menu today:

I'm on Day 10 of my pre-op diet and it's starting to not be so much fun. (heheh) My body is starting to push back I think (I was up .8 lb today!), so I'm going to increase my calories a bit and hope it stops pushing back. I also put my blasted scale under my bed.

Here's the breakdown for the last week:

I went and got a pedicure (must have cute toes!) this morning and then went to the grocery store to pick up some vegetable broth and veggies and seafood. I am NOT going in there again. It was awful. At least I wasn't drooling all down the front of myself like my Soph-a-Roni does. (She's my oldest and last remaining Berner)

And the guy at the seafood counter was cute and didn't mind me buying 4 shrimp. But the hubster is going to do ALL the shopping (he usually does most of it) for the next few weeks/months. I even got him a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby. He has a Ben & Jerry's addiction, though he's never gotten this flavor. Maybe I'm being a little Passive Aggressive. He doesn't have a weight problem, but he eats all kinds of stuff that I just can't. He knows when to stop and that's something I'm still trying to get a grasp on.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Teresa G.
on 6/2/18 12:31 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Oh! I can have cottage cheese as long as it's fat free. Would that still work?

Most Active