Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, June 5, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/18 5:54 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! Hope all is well for your Tuesdays! I'm currently sitting at my desk enjoying the view of my glower beds and drinking tea before breakfast. It's a beautiful morning temperature wise, but it's going to heat right up into the high 90's, ick. I have a handful of things planned today. Going to help an elderly friend with her groceries and then will meet up with my dad for lunch before going to see a second friend lol. I've eaten out a lot in the last week and I really don't like to. I don't mind doing things others enjoy doing when I'm social, but I hate when I go someplace I'm unfamiliar with. Maybe I will try to encourage non-food related dates, because I really don't like dinner/lunch dates. There's so much more to do that isn't centered around food and wasting money on food lol. Today is last day I'm going to eat out for awhile and I only am because it's my dad's last day in town. He let me pick the place, so I picked somewhere I know exactly what I'm getting nutrition wise!

QOTD: Do you set small goals for yourself? What do you want to accomplish in the near future?

I tend to set "micro goals" for myself, usually that I like to complete by the end of the week. For example, I want to complete week 2 of couch to 5k this week. It's only three work outs for that alone, but I know starting work in the middle of the week will maybe throw a cog in my motivation. Just have to keep going! A longer term goal is to not have am and pm snacks. I would like to get all protein in 3 meals, but I have a good bit of trouble getting enough. Maybe it's not possible and it's a pipe dream, but I'm still going to try! Would love to elimnate those snacks and in turn not have to always be worried about how I'm going to get enough in and at what times. I count hours, because I know 2 hours is likely minimum to allow dense foods to have left the stomach. Normally I refuse to eat anything before that 2 hour window. So I'm always clock watching.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/5/18 6:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Thank goodness the sun seems to be appearing today. It was COLD and rainy all day yesterday.

it is interesting that you mention cutting out snacks. Since I had WLS, I've eaten at least 5 small meals/snacks a day (breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack). I mentally needed them (possibly physically). However, I've been paying a lot of attention to trying to figure out real vs. head-hunger. I've noticed that I don't feel hungry when I delay lunch most of the time. And if I miss my mid-afternoon snack I don't feel hungry UNLESS I walk into the kitchen, so that is clearly head-hunger. So I have been eating breakfast a bit later and delaying lunch. In the mid-afternoon I've been having decaf coffee instead of a snack and that seems to keep me happy. The one that I still struggle with is the evening snack which I KNOW is only satisfying head hunger, but I need it to avoid eating stuff I shouldn't as that was always my worst eating time in the past. I now wonder if I never feel true hunger (as some report is the case) or it is ALL head hunger. Hmmm...

QOTD: I did a lot of project planning in my career so goals (large and small) are important to me. Currently my immediate goals are making some calls and appointments (LOL- very small).

2 Years, 2 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles, cottage cheese

D: Short-ribs - DS brought them from his restaurant yesterday for us to have for dinner today (yeah)

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/18 7:18 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I know that in the evenings when I am watching tv, or doing things on the computer I have head hunger. I used to snack all the time during these times. It's hard to break!

Erin T.
on 6/5/18 6:40 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I'm working a long day today, probably 7:30-7:30. I ended up switching up my meals a bit based on that but I have enough packed to cover me for the whole time.

QOTD: I don't have a lot of formal goals set up, but I do have mental ones. Right now most of them focus on fitness - there are yoga poses I'd like to make progress on/master and a recent goal was to a run a 10-minute mile which I accomplished and am now running that speed consistently on my shorter runs. This week I have a goal of running on Wednesday because it's Global Running Day. I also would like to get in two days of Yoga and I am planning on attending an in-person WLS support group. I also have my very first therapy appointment this week.

16 months post-op/Maintenance/131.9lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Cheese, Guac

M3: Salmon

M4: Chicken Sausage, Tomato & Cucumber

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

S: Power Crunch Bar & Pork Rinds

E: I brought my clothes and I'm hoping to get a 'dinner' break to go work out.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Theduffman27
on 6/5/18 7:56 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Mersh and menu crew! Eating out can get old, one issue I have with eating out is the amount of sodium that restaurant use. I am always specific to ask for no extra seasoning/sodium, who knows if they follow my request.

QOTD - I set weekly goals at work and with fitness and we might as well say food consumption as I log and try to stay at or under 1200 calories a day. My big goal for the summer is to complete 10 more of the Adirondack High Peaks, my goal is to eventually be a 46'er ( climb and document hiking the 46 high peaks). Finding time is the toughest part for me. 10 grad parties so far this summer and 4 wedding in August/September are putting a damper on hiking plans...

B- Egg muffin cup

S - salami and cheese rolls

L - Hamburger no bun

S - Cheese stick

Pre workout - protein shake

D- Grilled NY strip

E - gym night

Calories - 989, Carbs - 7, protein -117

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Jess Says Yes
on 6/5/18 9:39 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys, I'm feeling much better today! Nick, my dad, my sisters, and I have all entered into a fitness pact for June and we started yesterday. Plus I've started meditating again. I think these two things are helping shake off a little bout of the blues.

QOTD: I have a goal the meditate in the morning and evening for 10 days in a row. My ultimate goal is to do it for 66 days. And of course the June fitness challenge I mentioned above which will consist of a few daily strength training activities (squats, planks, etc) and some cardio.

B - protein shake

L - yogurt and almonds

D - kielbasa sausage & peppers

E - squats, calf raises, elliptical

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

mmsmom
on 6/5/18 10:05 am - Woburn, MA

Busy day at work today! Dreary Tuesday - house is in more disarray with tile work being done, but almost done!

QOTD: In the corporate world we do alot of personality testing, etc. Apparently I am an achiever and need to get something solid done every day... true! So I set daily goals at work - usually on a post it or in my notebook. I almost always get it all done, with the exception of reviewing mail. We get ALOT of mail in my line of work. At home I always have a list of things to get done and am usually about 80% successful. I usually don't like to set weight loss goals as I get derailed if I don't meet them. However, i was determined after surgery to get to my personal goal - and did it, probably for the first time in my life.

B: 1/2 english with peanut butter and banana

L: salad with chicken, chick peas, italian dressing

D: idk, stove is moved away from the wall and tile is in the "grouting" stage, so very messy

E: walk the dog, not really much exercise as I can't get up a good pace with him

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

corriev
on 6/5/18 12:06 pm
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - Not often do I set long term goals, and i like to be the on the moment type of guy. But one of my goals is to get healthy again.. I have young kids and want to live to be a grand dad someday.. so we take it day by day and work towards retirement.

My meal plan for today is.

B - Chocolate protein Shake

S - Poached microwave egg

L - 1/2 cup tuna in water , 1/2 cut up Tomato

S - Skyr Yogurt

D - Poached chicken with Catalina salsa

S - SF Jello

MFP says:

Cal - 483

Protein - 92

Carb - 16

Fat - 6

AnnieG522
on 6/5/18 12:17 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

I feel like I've been gone forever! I had a silent retreat for a few days, a much needed break from life.

Hmm re: snacks. I still cannot eat much at a time without "froth", so I do eat frequently, but mostly to hit my calories. I am almost never "hungry", but work on hitting 1100 calories + protein goal. My weight seems to be consistent at 125 - 125.5 and I am 9 months out today.

QOTD: Do you set small goals for yourself? What do you want to accomplish in the near future? Small goals -- waking up every day. Seriously. I have so many health issues that vertical is a great victory, and post sleeve I'm so very blessed to feel better.

Accomplish in the near future? I have medical tests every 2 weeks, so "passing"! But I'm not sure how to study, lol. We have somewhat overbooked our activities during the summer, but since we're retired, we can nap here and there. Lots of lovely family things. That and letting my hair continue to grow out.

B: Almost always the same Canadian bacon, 1 slice of Mountain Sprout Bread

S: Premier Protein shake dispersed in so much coffee (decaf)

L: Mission Carb Balance tortilla with low fat provolone

S: 100 C Popcorn

D: Chicken Etouffee (I make a fabulous, freezable low fat roux that I use as a base)

Bed: Probably a yogurt

I'm going to make an apple pie for a friend in the morning, and hors doevres for a potluck on Thursday. I rather live vicarously through cooking for others.

While on retreat, the meals were very healthy and fresh -- I ate little bits, but did well with it and since I walked 5 miles on the prayer trails and labryinths daily, I neither gained nor lost which was a concern because I did have to rely ab it more on carbs than I do at home.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Most Active