Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday June 6, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/6/18 5:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy hump day (if you work a regular week)! We are fully booked for our September Scotland/Ireland/Paris tour. I'm so excited! It will be hard for DH but it is kind of a now or never trip for him. Oh, and we leave for Aruba in 3 days!

QOTD: Do you intentionally try to drop your weight prior to a trip/event? Do you have problems managing your eating when on a trip/at an event? I am trying to get low in my range before Aruba. I seem to be stuck at the same weight in the middle of my range though. LOL, stubborn body... I'm okay with it here, but would really like another pound off to be at the same point as when we went to Aruba last year. This is the third time we've gone to Aruba since WLS, and I don't really get terribly off-plan for the most part except I'll have some snacks on the beach periodically in the late afternoon when a group is getting together to watch the sunset, I'll have a piece of bread at dinner when it is good bread, and I'll have some bites of DH's desserts. But regardless I like to go into the vacation as low in my range as I can get myself.

2 Years, 2 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles, cottage cheese

D: Short-rib leftovers (second half of meal DS provided from his restaurant - first half was great)

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Theduffman27
on 6/6/18 5:53 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Liz and menu crew! How exciting to be planning trips...My youngest went to Scotland/Ireland in April and loved it. You must be ready for Aruba as well, enjoy my friend!

Going to dinner this evening with my Wife and a Vendor at a local restaurant that has been around since 1951 and this will be our first visit.

QOTD - I do not plan and that could be seen as a problem by some. I do tend to "cheat" while on vacation and do not do so while at home. I have gone both weighs...hehe, up and down. This year I was up 3 lbs after 2 weeks and it came off quickly.

B- Muffin cup eggs

S - vienna sausage

L - shrimp

S cheese stick and premier protein shake

D - Tenderloin and scallops

E - night off - will hit 10,000 steps

Calories - 1,007, Carbs - 13, protein - 130

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

mmsmom
on 6/6/18 6:38 am - Woburn, MA

Happy hump day - working at home today as I like to do on Wednesdays. So exciting to be going on trips - I love nothing more than the looking forward part of vacation. It gives me months of pleasure, lol.

QOTD: As you know, I also am going to Aruba. This past Monday, every time i went to put something in my mouth I said, "Aruba, Aruba, Aruba, Aruba, Aruba" and didn't eat anything bad .... until about 7:30 pm and then I had ice cream, cereal, cheese and crackers -yes, all of them in about 30 minutes and went to bed sick to my stomach. I would like to "feel thin" going on vacation, especially being in a bathing suit for a good part of the trip. I have had good luck maintaining or losing on vacation since I am busy and snack less.

B: 1/2 bagel, cored, toasted with jarlsburg cheese

L: bought some greek yogurt at a specialty store - it's amazing and homemade... probably full fat since a small amount is very satisfying

D: in the mood for a hot dog on the grill

E: will walk with the dogs

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/6/18 8:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I snack less too, which probably balances out my beach snacks/extra at dinner!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Jess Says Yes
on 6/6/18 7:01 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! Liz that is so exciting! Nick and I are hoping to go to Europe next year (Paris & Barcelona). Aruba sounds wonderful too.

QOTD: I'm still in weight loss phase, so I'm not sure how I'll handle this. Prior to WLS, I would always hope to lose weight before a big vacation, but that usually backfired into bingeing. I do cheat on vacation, but just a little here and there.

B - coffee & protein

L - Brie & an apple (a rare fruit splurge)

D - Kielbasa & green beans

E - June strength challenge continues!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

yvonnef1964
on 6/6/18 7:53 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Yesterday I was in a dark place but I'm feeling better today.

Liz your trips sounds wonderful.

Qotd I try to loss or maintained before a few trips I've been on. I never know what's going to be eaten but always pack enough protein bars with me.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese. Asparagus, my dr wants me to eat more vegetables and fiber

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D keto lasagna and riced cauliflower

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/6/18 8:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm so glad you are feeling better Yvonne. I was worried about you. I hope you are getting some help with your financial situation and depression.

ShirlAus
on 6/6/18 1:45 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Be kind to yourself Yvonne x

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/18 5:49 pm, edited 6/6/18 10:50 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I'm glad you're feeling better, Yvonne.

Carmaneel
on 6/6/18 8:33 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 08/25/17

Good Morning All!

QOTD: Never, after struggling with eating disorders my entire life I work very hard to not be obsessive about the number on the scale. It's a dangerous game to play and a slippery slope back in to the world of obsessive eating.

9 months Post-Op

B: 1 Egg, 1 Slice Bacon, 1 Slice Cheese, 1/2 English Muffin

L: 2oz Pasta, 1.5oz Hot Italian Sausage, 1oz Mixed Squash, Zucchini and Tomato

D: Up in the air! Probably 3oz Chicken Breast on a bed of kale

S: 55g Extra Lean Kolbassa, 1 cheese String, 3 Baguette Crisps

E: 1 hour walking, 1 hour yoga class

Totals:

Cal: 931
Protein: 79g
Carb: 69g
Fat: 38g

VSG: Aug 25th, 2017|| HW: 398 CW: 250 GW: 190 Age: 29 | 5'9"