Intussusception Diagnosis

KayLavonne
on 6/13/18 9:10 am

My throat was sore for a few days afterwards.... but besides that it didn't hurt at all!!!

antionettelewis525
on 6/13/18 10:33 am - Creedmoor, NC

ok thanks thats a relief.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/13/18 10:38 am
RNY on 08/05/19

For a scope, they'll usually give you "twilight sedation." If you've ever had laughing gas at the dentist, it feels similar, but a bit more potent. You feel calm and floaty, and after the procedure you don't remember a thing about what they did.

I thought I would be going into my scope fully-conscious, so knowing I'd be knocked out was really comforting!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

antionettelewis525
on 6/13/18 10:44 am - Creedmoor, NC

Okay thanks

sweetpotato1959
on 6/13/18 5:12 pm

I only remember my one scope because I was throwing up my toenails after from the medications they gave me. M y advise.

...Tell them you are allergic to Pain. Tell them you do not want to hurt or throw up afterwards...

You did not say what other problems you are having? are you able to eat your prescribed diet? complications? is that why the scope? If so maybe the Doc can diagnose and fix your issue to get you back to where you want and need to be. Hang in there...

momyshaver
on 6/14/18 5:13 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On June 13, 2018 at 12:56 PM Pacific Time, antionettelewis525 wrote:

hi I had surgery run in 2002 starting gaining back four years ago.Now they have ordered me to have scope done and I'm scared.Does it hurt?

I just had a scope (EGD) yesterday due to an upper GI showing aspiration. It did not hurt at all. They did conscious sedation but I don't remember a darn thing if that helps. If it has been ordered you are likely seeking answers and you will get answers. Good luck!

Johari22
on 6/13/18 12:26 pm - San Antonio, TX

Hi Kay,

Check your inbox! I also agree with the comments on this thread! When in doubt, Google is your friend, at least you can gain an idea of what kind of questions to ask your doctor! Peace and Blessings!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
A negative mind will never give you a POSITIVE result!
5' 8"
HW 292, SW 280, CW 270.0

antionettelewis525
on 6/14/18 8:37 am - Creedmoor, NC

Thanks alot

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views