Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, 6/18/18

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/18 4:14 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! I am sitting at work, so thought I would get a menu thread started early! This is my last night/morning of work, will be off until Friday night! I was on a one on one observation for the night so was glad I had packed things that didn't need the fridge. Veggies, protein bar. Not the greatest, but it worked for the night! I have my protein shake that I will drink on the way home.

I have therapy later to continue to work on my number obsession with the scale in particular and my fear of calories. I am trying not to step on the scale as much, but I am so used to that daily feed back. Not having it makes me anxious, but then scale fluctuations so the same thing lol. I plan to weigh after I wake up. It's been a few days. Other than the scale anxiety, I feel great overall. Lots of energy! I feeL comfortable around my new calorie amount and adding in more fruits/veggies.

QOTD: Did your personality change after you lost weight? I think mine did some! I am more confident for sure, but I am surprisingly strict with what I allow myself to do when it comes to food. I have very definite lines I refuse to cross and don't even want to! I was asked if I wanted a ding dong by someone before work and I cracked up and said "Never in my life will I eat that!"

These were my meals for work!

Breakfast: 45 calorie bread, egg whites, skim Swiss cheese

Lunch: celery sticks, carrot sticks, pb2

Dinner: Quest birthday cake bar. I am obsessed with this bar. I have a couple a week I think for an easy meal. I get hot hot coffee and dip it in the coffee. It taste amazing.

Snacks: Quest peanut butter shake powder with fair life milk.

858cal, 45g carbs, 99 protein

a bit short in calories, but I don't want to eat so close before bed since I was stuck in this room. The protein shake is fine though. Cut out the yogurt.

Vitamins are all on track!

mmsmom
on 6/18/18 4:28 am, edited 6/17/18 9:29 pm - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Mersh and all. It's going to be a scorcher here in the northeast today - calling for record high temperatures and high humidity - yuck. My scale is not my friend today - and, I'm going on vacation Saturday. I hope to be down at least a few pounds before I go. No junk today!!

QOTD: I don't think so

B: egg, cheese

L: salad with turkey breast

S: watermelon, local strawberries

D: steak tips, peppers

E: i doubt it - too hot outside

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/18/18 5:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! So weird that it will be hotter at home than in Aruba. I'm not sorry about missing that. Here there is always a lot of wind to make the heat more palatable. But, I am actually looking forward to going home this year vs. the past because I am not returning to work but to Cape Cod. And I miss Justice a lot!

QOTD: I don't think my personality has changed. But I'm pretty old!

2 Years, 2.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Probably out, but I have leftovers if not

S: Protein cake bite (1-3 for dessert, depending on the day)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/18 11:31 am
VSG on 01/12/17

How are the protein cakebites? Are they the ones from ON? I've seen them and thought about them, but was unsure if the taste and texture would just be a disappointment.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/19/18 4:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, I have been having the ON ones. I really like them and the texture is very cakelike. More calories for a package than Quest though. I like the Quest ones too but can only get those online. Walmart has the ON ones and also has a birthday cake one by Pure Protein that isn't bad.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

corriev
on 6/18/18 8:48 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Morning all - hope you all had a great fathers day..

QOTD - hope not. Just have to stop myself from criticizing what the family is eating. Just cause i cant have it, doesn't mean they cant,

My meal plan -

B - Protein Shake

S - Skyr yogurt

L - Tuna in water, Cottage cheese, and half Avo

S - poached egg

D - Poached chicken with Cottage cheese

S - slice of roast beef

All Vits and water

MFP says,

Cal - 756

Carb - 27

fat - 14

Protein - 137

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/18/18 8:56 am, edited 6/18/18 1:57 am

Never say never... I had lines like that in my first 3-4 years. Then I changed.

I hate very strict restrictions. I have tendency to rebel that. So now - I allow myself anything I want.

Surprisingly - the freedom to chose whatever I want make s me crave proteins, not carbs. As weird as it can be, I often chose dense proteins over any carby item.

fyi: my signature line has the following:

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

This is so true. The consequences, that can last a few hours are often not worth the 10-20 min of pleasure eating the "forbidden fruit"

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/18 11:26 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I can definitely understand that! For now, I don't want the ding dong at all. Hopefully I won't want it in a few years. I've tried to loosen up some over the past couple months in particular because I was driving myself insane. It is hard to loosen up some of those restrictions I've put on myself. Adding fruit in was a fairly big one I loosened up on recently.

Teresa G.
on 6/18/18 9:14 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning fellow Sleevers (it feels great to say that!)

I'm feeling pretty good...I'm wearing a shirt that was too tight when I bought it (but it was on sale! LOL) and it's almost too big, so things are happening. Husband hasn't given me back my scale, so I'm not fretting over that anyway. I have my follow-up post-op appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what the thing says then. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to ask for my scale back, or wait until my next appointment which is July 10. I know that if I do what I'm supposed to do, it will happen whether or not the scale reflects it right away. Sounds good, but it's so hard to do!

QOTD: I hope not. I really hope not. My husband may not agree when I curl my lip at him while he's eating his crap food. heheh

B: Protein shake w/added collagen, almond milk
S: Kefir
L: Pureed Soup, Popsicle
S: Jello
D: Pureed Soup, Popsicle
S: Thinned Yogurt

Protein Water if short on protein

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Kristi T.
on 6/18/18 10:13 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Mersh and menu friends! It will be nice for you to have the week off until Friday Mersh. I have therapy today as well. She had to fly to Denmark due to the death of her father, so I haven't seen her for awhile and can definitely tell. I am looking forward to it, usually I dread therapy but always feel better when it's over...silly:-) I hope therapy will help you become more comfortable with numbers and the scale Mersh.

QOTD-My pre op mind wanted WLS to help me become more extroverted. It did not and that is okay, I am more comfortable now just being an introvert.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Tuna with mayo & pickles, string cheese

S-Chai tea w/vanilla premier protein

D-tbd, I have to get groceries today.

E-Afternoon walk with Emmy

Have a good Monday everyone!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views