Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, June 21, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/21/18 6:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to summer in the US part of the world! I'm looking forward to going to our Cape Cod beaches next week. Aruba beaches and Caribbean water are beautiful but my heart is in Cape Cod.

QOTD: Would (or are) you comfortable traveling alone? I was thinking about that the other day when I thought about the likelihood that DH won't be able to travel at some point in the next few years. I would be okay with it. I used to travel alone on business and so it wouldn't be a new thing for me. But if I was traveling to somewhere new I think I'd want to be with a tour group. I would come to the resort here alone because I know a lot of people here.

2 Years, 2.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese

L: Deli turkey

D: Going out I think? We need to do that once more, then we have one day of leftovers. It might be best to go today so anything left from tonight can be eaten tomorrow.

S: Protein cake bite (1-3 for dessert, depending on the day)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

TeenSleever
on 6/21/18 6:32 am, edited 6/20/18 11:51 pm

QOTD: Hmm I think I?d rather travel with at least one person because i think it would be more fun than traveling alone. But if I?m traveling on business I definitely wouldn?t mind traveling alone.

B: smoothie made with 0% vanilla greek yogurt, frozen fruit mix, and SF syrup

L: 117g pre-cooked turkey breast

D: lamb with mini potatoes

S: low calorie hot chocolate

yvonnef1964
on 6/21/18 7:08 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Im tired this morning but I'm starting to wake up after breakfast and probably when I have some coffee.

Qotd I would rather travel with one adult unless I have kids with me.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L tuna, cottage cheese and watermelon

D ham, green beans and grapes

Have a good day

mommy2jude
on 6/21/18 7:10 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15

QOTD: Would (or are) you comfortable traveling alone? Hmmm... I used to love to travel alone, but I have noticed in the last few years I am not as confident about doing things by myself, except Target and Starbucks, lol!

2 years 6 months 13 days since surgery... have regained 15 pounds, but am back on the losers bench.

B: Protein shake

L: Lean Cuisine

D: Chicken Rollups (fancy way of saying Boar's Head chicken cooked with cheese in the middle)

S: Meatball (morning), banana (afternoon commute)

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

mmsmom
on 6/21/18 7:29 am, edited 6/21/18 5:36 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Liz - and all. It's a beautiful first day of summer here - almost a sin to leave, lol.

B: steel cut oats

L: granola bar - went shopping and missed the window to hit the caf

D: going out to DelFriscos - most likely a filet

E: walk at lunch - maybe, my boss seems grouchy - not sure I want to spend my free time with him lol

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jess Says Yes
on 6/21/18 9:08 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Thursday guys! I've got some administrative work to do and then one last prison group before alwe kick off a long weekend in Charleston tomorrow! I'm hoping to meet my mom for a walk & swim after work too :)

QOTD: Before I was a married mom I did a fair amount of traveling on my own and I loved it. It pushed me outside of my comfort zone in a big way which made for some cool experiences. But my very favorite trips are with my husband or one of my siblings. They're just more fun!

B - coffee & protein

L - salami & cheddar

D - beef & cheese soft taco with citrus slaw

E - wall sits/push ups, swimming

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 6/21/18 9:31 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning and welcome back to the U.S. Liz!

I didn't come even close to winning the Bunko pot last night, but my white bean chili wa****:-) Today I am going to do a few things around the outside of the house like fix a few spots on the deck that need to be sanded and re-stained and put up a few new fence posts. That will take up most of my day.

QOTD-I do like to travel alone as long as I have my dog with me, without her I would not be as confident. I would like to think I would do okay completely alone but have not tried it yet, someday I will.

B-Greek yogurt with pumpkin, stevia and walnuts

L-Leftover white bean soup

S-Chai tea w/vanilla premiere protein

D-Inside of a Kirkland lasagna, pea salad

E-Walk with Emmy

Have a great Thursday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/21/18 10:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm not back yet (Saturday).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 6/21/18 10:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I recently traveled to Boston for a long weekend and it was the first time I'd travelled alone probably since 2006. I wasn't truly alone, since I had plans with friends, and even stayed with friends, in Boston. But the flight part was alone. I was comfortable - I felt capable and competent. I'm not sure I'd want to travel to a place to be a tourist by myself without meeting up with friends, though. I'd be comfortable doing it, I just have zero desire. I got completely traveled out in my 20s and 30s, so it's not something I have a huge desire to do in general unless it's to see people I want to see.

1: protein shake
2: I dunno, maybe another protein shake. I'm not feeling very motivated to eat food right now.
3: It's a leftover night - maybe pulled pork if there's still some left! (Last night I had leftover hoisin meatballs. My "new" leftover nights are W and Th, I cook the rest of the week.)

liquids and vites: on track
exercise: shoulder PT

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/21/18 11:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had my first child at 17 so was never able to travel when young. I started traveling for business and later when we had more funds and the kids were older. We always planned to travel when we retired but there won't be much of that with DH's Alzheimer's. Which is why I started thinking about what it would be like to travel alone for pleasure (if that ever happens).

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views