Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, June 22, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/22/18 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

How are you on this Friday morning? TGIF for many of you! Actually I'm glad it is our last day here in Aruba as I am ready to go home. A few pictures from the last 2 weeks are below. Forgive me if I already posted them here!

QOTD: Do you plan on retiring (if not already retired) and if so will you work part-time or do you have other specific plans? It used to amaze me (still does) when people say they will never retire, and that they can't imagine life without working. Some of these people are 10+ years older than me. I don't really get it. I was glad to retire and do not miss the stress, politics and hours of working.

2 Years, 2.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese

L: Emiepie egg salad and salsa

D: Leftover grouper. We don't have much left for food, so are clearing it out now. We actually have way less to throw away than in prior years.

S: Protein cake bite (1-3 for dessert, depending on the day)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 6/22/18 5:06 am - Woburn, MA

Beautiful pictures! I can't wait to be there!!! I have to work 1/2 day today and have a million things to do, including packing!

QOTD: I can't wait to retire. I wish I didn't have to work at all - probably not true, but this week I feel that way. I am hoping to cut back to 4 days a week this fall (36 hours) and as the years go on, cut down until I retire, hopefully at 67. It seems a long way off. My husband is home on disability so I don't have much choice but to work for health insurance, etc. I think I could adjust very well to being home, especially since he is home already.

B: cheerios

L: going out - today is 33 year wedding anniversary - going to Rino's Place (featured on Food Networks DDD) - it's amazing. Often a 3 hours wait for dinner so we prefer to go at lunch and then eat leftovers for dinner.

D: Leftovers, haha

E: walk

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/22/18 5:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful time in Aruba!

I was still working full time but cut back to two short days on Thursday and Friday for most of last year. It made a big difference.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 6/22/18 6:26 am - Woburn, MA

Hey Liz,

Do any of the restaurants require long pants for me? How dressy is dinner? Dress shorts and a polo?

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/22/18 7:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nope - long pants not needed for anyone. Sometimes guys will wear long khakis with a polo for an indoor restaurant, but they often just wear nice shorts. For the more upscale places (like Madame Janette or Barefoot), I wear a dress or skirt, but many women just wear capris (or nice shorts) and a nice top. Kind of like Cape Cod wear on a super hot day, only with more tropical prints showing up...

Ajeffries
on 6/22/18 12:44 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

I've seen that on DDD. Take pics! Ot looks really good.

mommy2jude
on 6/22/18 5:41 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15

QOTD: Do you plan on retiring (if not already retired) and if so will you work part-time or do you have other specific plans? I plan on at some point, retiring. But I am 43 (almost 44), so I have a long way to go! J

2 years 6 months 14 days (regain of 15 lbs., but I have been maintaining them, so I guess there is that, lol)

Lots of H2O today!

B: Scrambled egg whites with zucchini and peppers

L: Chicken rollups with triple pepper cheese (hot, hot, hot!)

D: Chicken thighs (not sure I plan to prepare them as of yet)

S: Protein Shake for the morning, mini mozzarella balls for the afternoon

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

yvonnef1964
on 6/22/18 6:27 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Really love the pink clouds picture the most. Like the others ones too

yvonnef1964
on 6/22/18 6:37 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Im really tired this morning but a good tiredness. I got to work with the babies yesterday. Half of them didn't want to be put down or they would cry.

Qotd I just started working after being off for 12 years so it depends on my health if I'll continue to work part time.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans. Also had Hawaiian dinner roll

L tuna, cottage cheese and watermelon

D protein bars unless they have something healthy at church support group

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/22/18 7:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Holding babies is pretty good work!

Most Active