Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday, 7/7/18

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 3:58 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good early morning all! Have some time so I thought I would get us started. Tonight has been slow at work, but there have been a couple problematic patients. A couple just very mean, hateful ones. I know the hospital is uncomfortable, but why be horrible to the people caring for you? I will never understand people! I am a bit tired and didn't get a ton of sleep. Went to the doctors in the morning and when I came home to sleep before work, my neighbors decided to shoot off the last of their fireworks. I had a SF monster halfway through the night and did fine though.

QOTD: What is the worst purchase you ever made? Mine is a chrome book. It's useless and a waste of money. I will still have to buy a laptop for school.

Breakfast-1/2 English muffin, fat free Swiss cheese, egg white

Lunch-Chicken jalfrezi curry with veggies

Dinner- 2 hard boiled eggs, Gouda cheese

Other meal- 1/2 peanut butter and preserves sandwich, sugar snap peas, blue berries

totals 966 calories, 90g protein, 72 carbohydrates

mmsmom
on 7/7/18 4:35 am - Woburn, MA

Good morninig, Mersh and all. It's actually a glorious day here today!! Perfect, crisp air, sunshine, no humidity or heat. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

QOTD: Well right now my refrigerator is a piece of junk - the 2nd bad refrigerator I have had in 5 years. All major appliances will now be only "old school" brands - Maytag, GE, Whirlpool, possibly Kitchenaid. Present frig is an LG and last one a Samsung. HORRIBLE - neither worked after 2 years. Also two years ago we bought a pop-up, which I loved, but regret it as (for our age) it wasn't the best idea. We traded it in for a mini-lite RV this year, which I LOVE.

B: probably cheerios, iced coffee - with all the heat and humidity my vegetable garden is basically a weed garden (not that kind of weed) - and my plan for this am is to go and pull all the weeds on my hands and knees with a giant iced coffee at my side. I don't know how my father at 91 kept up with the weeds, but no weed ever dared to grow there when he was alive. lol

L: leftovers from the holiday - maybe calzone

D: planning on beach pizza - one of our favorites (Bianchi's on Revere Beach for the locals) is permanently closing after labor day. I feel the need to eat it as much as possible between now and then. I can't eat much of it, but what i can is delicious.

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 5:25 am
VSG on 01/12/17

My current fridge is an LG and I hate it so much.

Teresa G.
on 7/7/18 9:24 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

My washer (front-load) and dryer are LG. I've hated them since I got them, but they were just too expensive to replace while they still work.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Bufflehead
on 7/7/18 1:46 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

My parents have an LG fridge -- the icemaker has had to be repaired four times in two years. The repairman said LG appliances are sending his kids through college.

PCBR
on 7/7/18 9:47 am

Whew! Sounds like it's great in your neck of the woods. When I got home at 4pm yesterday, it was 116 in my neighborhood. All the plants in my yard were drooping and looking ready to give up. It was so AWFUL.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/7/18 5:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Mersh! It's too bad that you had some mean patients. My eldest DD loved pediatrics because even though it was sad that the children were sick she said that they were always sweet to take care of.

QOTD: Probably the worst was my first brand new car. It was a 4 cylinder 1978 red and white mustang. It was so underpowered that it would slow way down going up steep hills. I often felt like it was a Fred Flinstone car (needed feet through the floorboards to make it run). The clutch had to be replaced at 50,000 miles and I ended up trading the car in at 65,000 miles when it seemed like other stuff was on the verge of going. I bought my first Toyota Corolla at that point, which ended up being an excellent purchase!

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Protein of some sort probably on the grill

S: ostrim meat stick, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 10:58 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Children are blessings, they seem to always be able to grin and bear things older people can't!

Ramcakes
on 7/7/18 6:30 am
VSG on 07/03/18

Hello!

I just had my surgery on Tuesday, so I'm not on a typical eating habit yet. My day will consist of:

Ultima Electryte water

Water

White beef bone broth (with all its wonderful collagen and protein) (its so hard and jiggly like jello jigglers!)

White chicken bone broth (meaning we didn't roast anything out of it. It does have a little yellow hue).

Some combination of beef and chicken broth with a few drops of lemon.

Maybe a natural and color-free otter-pop.

I can't do jello. It's too sweet and gives me hurt >__

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 11:10 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Grats on surgery and welcome to the menu thread!

SF Popsicle were my saving grace right out of surgery.

Most Active