Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, 7/23/2018

Gwen M.
on 7/23/18 5:05 am, edited 7/23/18 5:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Monday! It's always good to be home again after a weekend away. I think my only out of the house task today is grocery shopping. Other than that it's school work!

QOTD: If you're an outside exerciser, what do you do when the weather is bad?

1: protein shake
2: leftover chicken and ham croquetas
3: ham and cheese gnocchi thing

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 7/23/18 5:13 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Monday. Back to the office for me. It's dark, dreary and muggy here. Blech.

QOTD: Well... I have an eliptical machine (aka the clothes hanger) and several exercise dvds, but in reality, if it's not nice out, I don't exercise. Lame, I know. In the winter, my boss and I will loop the building several times indoors.

B: 1/3 bagel, sliced toasted with peanut butter and banana

L: going out (hopefully, but an undependable friend) - planning on salad with grilled salmon

D: roasting a chicken, butternut squash, cauliflower (stuffing, potatoes, gravy which I probably won't eat)

E: short walk - the dog can't handle this weather

L/V: good.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/23/18 6:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We had company all weekend, and more today through Wednesday. I need to do some touch-up cleaning this morning, get yoga in, etc. Busy day. Luckily DS is cooking tonight.

QOTD: Most of my exercise is walking (though yoga is inside). When it rains, I exercise my eyes while on the sofa watching TV or reading...

2 Years, 3.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken

D: Scallops and risotto (DS cooking for our company)

S: cheese, maybe shrimp?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/23/18 9:15 am - Amarillo, TX

QOTD: I tend to like working out inside most of the time. I'm growing away from hiding it. I'm a fan of dancing and riding my stationary recline bike.

breakfast: protein shake, decaf coffee

snack: .5oz cheddar

lunch: 1/3 cup carrot noodles, 1 tbs light ranch dressing and tuna.

dinner:

Jess Says Yes
on 7/23/18 11:28 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! Just got done with my training session and I feel like I'm made of jelly. It is cool (for July) out and looks like a storm is coming. I love that type of weather! Next I'm heading to the prison for a couple of groups.

QOTD: I despise the high heat and humidity of SC so from May to October I'm an indoor exerciser. Yoga, elliptical, and body weight exercises are my go to.

B - coffee & protein

L - Yogurt & almonds

D - Grilled chicken, green beans, and a bite of macaroni and cheese

E - weights with trainer and elliptical

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/23/18 2:27 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Monday! Been at work all day trying to finish setting up my classroom. Got a lot done today! It's another rainy day so couldn't do much else.

QOTD - If it's raining or snowing I will use the elliptical.

B - coffee and Vanilla Premier protein

L - protein bar

D - salad and chicken

S - homemade "cheese chips"

E - 30 min jog/walk, Ab exercises

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

DescendTheStair
on 7/23/18 7:12 pm - Portland, OR
VSG on 06/25/18

It has been a rough week! But I'm trying to get back into checking this more often, though sometimes I get lost in the pages of the site and don't work as efficiently as I should...cough

QOTD: I'm not a big outside exerciser, mostly because summers in Louisiana last 10 months out of the year and are frequently in the high 90's/low 100's with a 80%+ humidity. It basically feels like you're walking outside of your house and directly into a sauna...so I try to avoid being outside as much as possible during this time of year.

I've been really bad at getting actual food in for lunch, especially lately. I had an incident with hummus a couple days ago, and my stomach hasn't really been the same (bit of nausea lately. It REALLY doesn't like hummus anymore...) so I've been supplementing with more fluids/less food than usual.

That said, liquids seem to be pretty on-par recently! Vitamins are on track.

Exercise: It's 4 weeks, so I was able to go into the gym and do some weight training today. I was a little disappointed that I've regressed so much (ex: used to do a weight of 50 on the fly machine, etc, and now I'm feeling the burn with just 10lbs), but I understand it'll take some time to get back at the pace I was at. Just need to be consistent, and not push too hard too fast and wind up hurting myself.

As a general question, do you increase your protein requirements when you start more intense workouts (yoga/weight training/etc)? I'm keeping around 70ish.

36 year old single mom of an awesome geeky teenager

5'3.75" (yes, that extra three-quarter inch is necessary. I'm ALMOST 5'4"!).

June 25th, 2018 VSG with Dr A. Hargroder| HW:291 SW:284 CW:272 GW: 135

January 10th, 2022 Revision to RNY with Dr. M. Reavis| HW: 291 LW: 195 CW: 245 GW: 135

Amateur dragon slayer, fairy hunter, occasional builder of fantastical worlds through words.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views