Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 8/14/2018

Gwen M.
on 8/14/18 4:22 am, edited 8/14/18 4:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all! I'm home after a wonderful weekend with my closest friends from high school. I had a really great time reconnecting with people I haven't seen in over 20 years - it's amazing when that happens.

I got home, exhausted, on Sunday. Then yesterday I did upkeep stuff and went out to see Blackkklansman. I'm on vacation from school this week, but next week will be a short week due to a trip with Art, so I'm hoping I'll find motivation to do at least some working ahead this week. But I might just read for fun instead :)

I'm planning on heading to the gym to run in a little bit. I have 5 miles on my plan today so that should at least be easier than 9!

QOTD: What are three interesting facts about you? (I'll reply in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: leftover skirt steak salad
3: sweet and spicy asian pork quesadillas (these have pork I roasted last week, cabbage, green onion, garlic, ginger, and cheddar - I'll just fry some of the insides up for myself until the cheese gets crisp, the guys will get tortillas)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running, assisted pull ups (if I have energy after running), yoga

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 8/14/18 4:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: What are three interesting facts about you?

Of course, the things I think are interesting might be totally dull and boring to other people :D

1: I love to cook but pretty much never cook the same thing twice. When people find out I love to cook they'll ask things like "what's your favorite thing to cook?" or "what's your speciality?" And I don't have those things because I just like to cook and try new recipes. The saying in my household is, "this was really great! Too bad you'll never make it again."

2: I have a watercolor tattoo on my left arm from my wrist to my elbow. I've had it for two years now - I got it after my dad died and I associate it with him for reasons I can't really articulate. I tend to forget it's there so when people comment on it I'm always a bit surprised!

3: I went to a Quaker boarding school for high school. It was an amazing experience but, as a result, I've never lived close to any of my high school friends. The plus side of this is that I can go almost anywhere and find a bed to crash on and a local guide! It was pretty challenging during vacations as a high schooler, though, since I didn't have many/any local friends. Facebook has been an amazing tool to reconnect with people from high school.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/18 5:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Thanks for starting Gwen, as I was going to have to check the list for a QOTD.

Remember that we are doing Photo Wednesday tomorrow starting with before and current pictures. In future weeks we can do other types of photos, but that seems like a good kickoff.

QOTD: Hmmm, I'm not sure I'm interesting enough to have 3 facts anyone would care to hear, but here goes:

1. Though I was voted the "class brain" in Junior High, I was a high school dropout at 17. I ultimately finished high school, college and obtained an MBA going to school part-time.
  2. I love to read and have consumed books since I was about 6. When I was in first grade my teacher had me reading books to Kindergartners instead of being in a reading group. I thought it was a punishment, but it was because I was so far ahead of the other kids (they caught up quickly btw).
  3. I love cars. DH could care less what he drove and would just have a utilitarian car. I've always liked a sporty, fast car. My last 3 cars have been convertibles.

Today's menu:

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp (leftover from DS cooking for DH last night)

S: Siggis yogurt or homemade cottage cheese with fresh berries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 8/14/18 5:46 am - Woburn, MA

Fun - have week done a QOTD about what kind of car we drive?

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/18 6:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good idea (I told you guys I'm not good with QOTD)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

GrammySusan
on 8/14/18 3:21 pm

Or what kind of car we WISH we could drive! LOL

Gwen M.
on 8/14/18 5:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'll make a note to skip starting the meal post on Wednesdays, since I'm not a picture poster. :)

I think it's awesome that you were a high school drop out and have gone on to get your MBA. It sounds corny, but as a returning adult student, stories of other returning students are totally inspirational to me. Especially because being an adult student is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than being a student as a kid.

That's wonderful that you had a teacher who gave you challenging reading material.

My mom's favorite car in the world is a Ford Mustang. (I have no idea why, but.. whatever.) She had one for a while but decided that the insurance was too high and it wasn't super useful when there was snow. Recently she's been talking about getting one again for her next car and I hope she decides to follow her bliss. :) Although.. the gas mileage would not be anywhere near what she gets with her C-Max Hybrid thing.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/18 6:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm always intrigued with other adult learners too - we appreciate it so much more! I'm also intrigued with hybrid cars...

mmsmom
on 8/14/18 5:45 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Sounds like a fun weekend, Gwen. Reading for enjoyment is wonderful. I can't wait to go camping for 2 weeks this month - i plan on reading a lot!

QOTD: 1. I played violin and studied ballet as a child. I'm sort of a silly, fun-loving person and this takes alot of people by surprise.

2. I have two polar-opposite children. One is a disciplined, ocd scientist and one a creative, disorganized mason. Also, one is blonde haired, blue eyed, fair skinned and one is dark skin, dark hair, green eyes, lol.

3. I have only lived in two houses my entire life. I grew up with my family, got married and moved to the first floor apartment and then 9 years later moved to my own house - 7 years after that my mother passed away and my father moved in with me...so up until he died, I only lived 7 years of my life without a parent in the same dwelling!

B: 1/2 cinn raisin bagel with peanut butter

L: soup

D: chicken, cucumber and onion salad

E: walk

L/V: Good

VSG on 04/28/2014

LoseBig
on 8/14/18 6:27 am
VSG on 08/09/18

Still 5 days post-op so my diet is still all liquids, all the time.

Breakfast: Chocolate Peanut butter protein shake (homemade)

Lunch: Bean and bacon soup, pureed and strained

Dinner: Chocolate Protein shake, Muscle Milk

Water, water, water, and more water. And after that...more water.

On track with my vitamins

QOTD:

1. I am not that interesting.

2. I am really not that interesting

3. I am honestly and truly not that interesting.

Lapband: 2008

revision to VSG on 8/9/2018

HW: 444 - SW: 427 - CW - 396

Most Active