Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, 8/17/2018

Gwen M.
on 8/17/18 4:06 am, edited 8/17/18 4:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all! Or whatever time of day it is for you. ShirlAUS has been missing recently! Hopefully she'll check in soon.

I think I've finally reset my internal clock so that 6:30 no longer feels like getting up early. Most of the time. I'm heading off to pilates class soon - we've got a sub today, so it won't be the usual zenga that I do on Friday morning. Then I'm back home briefly to pack and stuff before heading up to visit my mom for the weekend. Woo!

QOTD: Technology has become a part of us. Would you rather lose the use of all motorized vehicles, all telecommunication devices and computers, or one of your hands? (I'll answer in a comment later, since I need to think about this one...)

1: protein shake
2: probably cheese when I get to my mom's, because that's what she tends to have
3: no idea, I always expect my mom to have picked something and then she does this "how about you choose" thing :P

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates!

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/17/18 4:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Friday! We are leaving to visit friends on a lake in NH in a couple of hours. Even Justice is coming (at the hosts request)! I'm a little worried about how DH will do sleeping but looking forward to the change in scenery. I hope it doesn't rain the entire time (thunderstorms are forecasted).

QOTD: Oh boy, I hate these. I want to retain them all. BUT, if I had to choose I'd keep all my body parts, thank you. I LOVE technology, but I like quiet as well and I'd much rather have both hands to enjoy it.

2 Years, 4.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? (At friends home)

S: Ostrim meat stick or cottage cheese or protein bar?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 8/17/18 7:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good luck with your weekend! It's supposed to start raining here tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. As long as the weather's okay for my running and my mom's bocce, I'll be happy :D

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

mmsmom
on 8/17/18 5:20 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning - good QOTD, Gwen! I have about 2 more hours of work and then I'm on vacation!!! I'm sure i will regret it when I come back to the backlog of mail, but I'll enjoy the two weeks while I'm on them. When I sleep til 6:30 I feel like I've slept til noon - I usually get up at 5, which results in me being no fun at all after 8 pm.

Have fun with your mom!

QOTD: I'd keep my hand for sure - especially since I love camping and there basically is no technology there. I could live like that but I guess I'd have to go back to paper books - no kindle. However, at my job, back in the day they used to type entire patent applications with carbon paper on a typewriter. I would quit and find a new line of work haha.

B: cored out sesame bagel, toasted with cc and homemade strawberry jam

L: garden cukes, garden tomatoes and cheese!

D: idk, maybe some ground beef mixed into my leftover garden sauce and pasta... didn't eat it last night

E: it's actually nice right now - so hoping to walk

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 8/17/18 7:28 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My podiatrist, *****cently retired, still used a typewriter for patient files. OMG. How did he even get replacement parts/service for them?!

LoseBig
on 8/17/18 6:59 am
VSG on 08/09/18

Good morning all.

QOTD: Since I work in IT, I can't lose use of my devices or my hand so I would have to select lose use of all motorized vehicles by default.

B: Chocolate/Banana Protein Shake (homemade)

L: Cambells Bean with Bacon soup, pureed and strained

D: Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream protein shake

Enough water to drown an elephant

I have decided to include funny quotes about weight loss in my daily postings:

"Diet Day 1: I have removed all unhealthy foods from the house. It was delicious!"

Lapband: 2008

revision to VSG on 8/9/2018

HW: 444 - SW: 427 - CW - 396

Gwen M.
on 8/17/18 7:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I've been thinking about this all morning and I'm still so torn. I can't imagine living without motorized vehicles because it would take me so long to get to my mom's (or anywhere else) if I had to go by horse. And telecommunication devices and computers? Argh. That would be miserable since my friends are so spread out over the world. However, I know a few people who have only one hand and that seems feasible, if challenging. So I think I'd opt to lose my left hand.

Teresa G.
on 8/17/18 9:36 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Last week I was in Seattle for training, and while up there I went shopping at Fred Meyer. Yesterday there were TWO fraudulent charges on my card at that very same store. My credit union notified me last night and canceled the card. Today I called the "loss prevention" department at that store...they said they'd look into it and call me back. I haven't heard a peep out of them yet. Apparently they are only worried about Fred Meyer's loss, not a customer's. I googled that store number and this has happened a number of times at that store. Needless to say, I posted on their FB page and on their twitter and have asked all my friends to share it as well.

I thought the chips were supposed to prevent this? I guess I'm going to cash and check only, AND never shopping at Fred Meyer again.

QOTD: Technology has become a part of us. Would you rather lose the use of all motorized vehicles, all telecommunication devices and computers, or one of your hands? This is a difficult one Gwen! Am I the only one losing all motorized and telecommunication devices or is everyone? If it were only me I could live with it...everyone knows where I live and my emergency contacts. LOL! If it were everyone, I almost think I'd rather give up my left hand...but what's that say about me? Yikes.

B: Premier Protein in Coffee

S: Egg bite, 1 turkey sausage link

L: Halibut

S: Baby Bell pepper with homemade Tzatziki

D: TBD

THREE GOLD STARS on my calendar for not eating in bed for last 3 nights! Yeeehaw!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Kristi T.
on 8/17/18 10:42 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Enjoy your weekend with your mom Gwen!

QOTD-I have been very stubborn with the advancement of certain technologies. I still have a regular ole flip phone for emergencies:-) I would love it if my area had mass transportation of any kind, then I could get rid of my car. So obviously it would be to keep my hands. My answer might have been different if I had a beautiful car, smart phone and iPad or if my livelihood depended on technology.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-PP shake

S-Dukes sausage links and string cheese

D-Leftover chicken and onion/cucumber/garbanzo bean salad

E-Take my dog swimming and might join her:-)

Have a good Friday!

MissCheri18
on 8/17/18 10:45 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good day/week! Busy day helping my sister find a new laptop with all the bells and whistles she needs!

QOTD: Technology has become a part of us. Would you rather lose the use of all motorized vehicles, all telecommunication devices and computers, or one of your hands? I would give up all motorized vehicles!

Week 7

Water, water, water!

M1: Protein Coffee Shake

M2: Jack Link's Beef Steak Tender Bites

M3: Country Fresh Meats - Summer Sausage & String Cheese

M4: Bacon Cheddar Angus Beef Patty

M5: Not sure maybe other half of M4

M6: Pork Rinds w/Greek Yogurt and Pace Salsa Verde homemade dip

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri