Time to say goodbye to protein shakes as meals

Melody P.
on 8/23/18 8:33 am - Amarillo, TX

i've come to the conclusion that protein shakes don't work to well for me as a meal. I usually would drink one for breakfast but i'd get hungry in an hour. Don't get me wrong I think they are a great supplement but if I feel the need to have them i'll Do it as a snack broken up through the day.

I made some egg cups last night and boy were they good this morning! I feel fuller and much more satisfied. They are so easy too!

Hoping this, along with other things, will break my stall!

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/18 10:21 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good call :) If they aren't filling you up for long, ditch them! Or, do what I do and use part of one as creamer every day to make a delicious, healthier latte that precedes breakfast/lunch/ or just as a snack.

These dang egg cups everyone makes. I need to get on the bandwagon apparently and give them a try!

MissCheri18
on 8/23/18 4:29 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

I ended my protein drinks/shakes but then my VSG team put me back on, for now I am to have one a day... so I use one in my coffee everyday and I drink 1/2 in the morning and then IF I AM UNDER 60g of protein in the evening I drink the other half. So, I'd say as long as your minimum grams of protein are what your team has told you to keep it above you should be fine stopping the protein shakes.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views