Watcha eating today, Wednesday, September 12

mmsmom
on 9/12/18 3:43 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning VSGers. Working at home - it's muggy but not hot. I have a work offsite next week and am still recovering from being on vacation for two weeks so today I have to FOCUS and plow through about 200 emails, docket due dates and file each email in electronic files. It's not particularly interesting, but if I don't catch up before the offsite, I'm really going to be burried! The good news is I'm getting all beautified tonight in preparation - eyebrow/lip wax and a highlight/haircut. I can't wait. Colleagues from all over the globe will be together for 3 days and it usually is a good time. This year we are meeting in Boston (disappointing to me) and have met in the past in San Diego and Newport RI.

QOTD: We chimed in on tvevangelists, how about psychics? Do you believe in psychics?

B: cereal

L: leftover baked stuffed shrimp

D: leftover roast beef

E: walk for sure

L/V:

VSG on 04/28/2014

mmsmom
on 9/12/18 3:48 am - Woburn, MA

QOTD: I would say in general no, however, just for fun once I had a psychic come do a "party" at my house. My cousins husband was being read and she said some incredibly detailed things that no one would have known - i.e., that his brother had killed himself in jail and he watches over my cousin's daughter. When a certain poem (and she named a particular poem) was read, he was present. The week before my cousin's daughter had read that poem at a school event. Freaky! How do you fake that? She also named the town where he had been arrested and the town where the jail was.

My daughter had a psychic reading at the high school graduation "overnighter" and she was told she would meet the love of her life that fall. My daughter reacted with a scientific - bah. That September, 3 weeks into freshman year of college, she met her husband. Now she says, "I wish I had listened to her a little better."

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/18 4:01 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! I love getting all gussied up, it feels so nice. Good luck with all those e-mails. Reading through 200 seems so tedious. Best wishes and have fun with your colleagues!

I'm a grump this morning. I woke up way too early, again, and am pouting because I'm tired so I'm not going to the gym like I planned. Instead I will pu**** back to this evening after I can get some errands done and take a darn nap. I am taking a friend out today to get some groceries. Other than that, I don't have much on the horizon as far as plans go. Feeling like lazy bones today. Lazy day, lazy menu.

QOTD: I don't believe in psychics, per say. I do believe in people who have strong intuitions and very accurate "gut" feelings. My grandmother is one of them. She seems to have an incredible sense about people and her gut feeling is nearly always right and if she tells me she has a bad feeling about a situation, or a person, I tend to trust it.

When Cathy posts on the menu thread, she always had PB and yogurt. I tried it once and loved it. Thanks, Cathy!

PCBR
on 9/12/18 6:16 am

Hola!

QOTD: I think that most thinks that we'd think of as psychic are just instances of highly-intuitive people, or people who are quick to put together details to predict an outcome--something many of us are capable of in the right instance. I recall once that I was driving with my brother and told him to be cautious of a certain car because it was going to sideswipe the center divider of the freeway. The car wasn't swerving or driving recklessly, I just knew they were gonna hit it--and they suddenly did (luckily, they did not overcorrect or cause a worse accident). I can't put my finger on how I knew, and I just think it was a combination of quickly surmised details: a tenuousness in the drivers driving, the youth of the driver, the type of car, the curve we were on. It's something most of us are capable of if we focus.

As for "professional psychics", I believe that most are just excellent "cold readers". People unconsciously give them lots of cues and information that they match with statistics (or worse, research about a person) to make strong guesses--similar to evangelical healers. It's a good show, but despicable when they use it to manipulate the emotionally vulnerable.

That said, there is a tiny part of me that thinks some people who have abilities beyond current explanations. Though I doubt these are the ones out trying to make $ off of it.

3 Months + out;

B - Chike with roasted cinammon

S - Skyr

L - chicken breast and sausage stew

D - This is my danger time. Thinking to just have some fresh mozzarella

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Jess Says Yes
on 9/12/18 10:32 am, edited 9/12/18 3:33 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! Preparations for hurricane Florence are in full force. Even though we are pretty far inland, we are contemplating evacuating because as the storm grows closer it seems as though we will definitely experience power outages, downed trees, High winds, etc. Just the thought of trying to sleep without AC is enough to have me contemplating getting out of dodge. Some of my family on the coast are refusing to evacuate, just hoping they are able to stay safe.

QOTD: I am pretty scientific minded, so I tend to be skeptical of all things "magic". At the same time I think it would be egotistical for me to declare what is and isn't possible in this amazing in complex universe. I assume the majority of psychics are just great at reading people and have a great grasp on statistics and averages. But who knows, for a few there may be more to it!

B - coffee & protein

S - protein bar

L - yogurt & almonds

D - chicken pesto spaghetti with tomatoes and basil (mainly just the chicken for me)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Most Active