Scared ****less

Beefybutt
on 9/16/18 7:28 am
VSG on 09/17/18

So here iam the day before surgery and I keep wondering if iam doing the right thing.I know if I continue on the path Iam on I will be dead sooner. I still have not not told anyone about the surgery, I lied and said it's a hernia repair, i think it's because iam embarrassed bc I had a lap band put in years ago that worked a little but became inverted so need to come out. But after that surgery people ridiculed my decision and said why would u do that to yourself.I guess unless you been heavy all your life Idc chunky ,husky whatever you want to say it sucks so you are vulnerable and desperate and are willing to try anything.

Well I'm just nervous I guess, hope tomorrow goes well.

psren13
on 9/16/18 7:50 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

don't hesitate.. best decision ever. don't think it is a piece of cake.. there are many pitfalls and wrong decisions that can and probably will be made in the future. don't hesitate to come to the forum for support, before during and after.. don't think you can do this totally alone.. if you come to the forums, you will never be alone. I am 3 years post op, have made my mistakes and slid way off track.. I am back to the fold once again. there is never a final time.. we all need the support from everyone, everywhere.. the surgery is a tool only.. does not fix the mind.. you have to work on that daily.. good luck. welcome aboard..

Beefybutt
on 9/16/18 8:08 am
VSG on 09/17/18

Ty

Grim_Traveller
on 9/16/18 8:17 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Scared is normal. You'll do great. Let us know when it's done.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

hollykim
on 9/16/18 9:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 16, 2018 at 2:28 PM Pacific Time, Beefybutt wrote:

So here iam the day before surgery and I keep wondering if iam doing the right thing.I know if I continue on the path Iam on I will be dead sooner. I still have not not told anyone about the surgery, I lied and said it's a hernia repair, i think it's because iam embarrassed bc I had a lap band put in years ago that worked a little but became inverted so need to come out. But after that surgery people ridiculed my decision and said why would u do that to yourself.I guess unless you been heavy all your life Idc chunky ,husky whatever you want to say it sucks so you are vulnerable and desperate and are willing to try anything.

Well I'm just nervous I guess, hope tomorrow goes well.

the way I see it, you can be scared now, and still have the opportunity to make long lasting changes in your life and health situation or you can wait and let those health issues develop/ continue and have the fear of not being able to do anything about it.

Thrre is always going to be fear in life. We just have to take the fear and make it work for us.

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/18 10:29 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Don't listen to the people around you nay-saying your choices. There will be a lot of people that get into your head, even those that mean very well. The important thing is that you made this choice for yourself, you already know that the surgery is a process we'll always be going through for life and a tool we need to keep using. I was the same way, the day of and before surgery and I kept saying "What am I doing to myself, am I nuts?" I got over it real quick. Best. Decision. Ever. Yeah, some days are really frickin' hard, well let's just say some entire weeks are just a pain in the backside, but the choice to get my life back is one I would make again and again. You'll do great, and you have people here for you when you need support.

GirlSquadOfOne
on 9/16/18 11:23 am
VSG on 09/11/18

Hey, I just had my vsg done and like you I was terrified heck even after it was done I was still terrified sure that something had gone wrong. But it's been 5 days since my surgery and guess what I've already lost a considerable amount of weight officially putting me under 300 pounds a place I haven't seen in the last 2 years. So although it's a scary procedure it works. You'll be a new you as of tomorrow so focus on the positives. You've got this! Let us know how it goes.

Beefybutt
on 9/16/18 12:00 pm
VSG on 09/17/18

Ty

diane S.
on 9/16/18 12:11 pm

Good Luck tomorrow. You won't regret it. Best thing I ever did nearly 9 years ago. You are right not to tell people if you think they will be negative. Hope you can find a support group. Go for it. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

AnnieG522
on 9/16/18 12:19 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

So in your corner; prayers and wishes for an easy surgery and awesome recovery. And wanting a longer, healthier life where you enjoy who you are and how you look is not crazy. People who think so must have never had a day where they felt isolated by something.

You're in a good place here, and hoping we hear tomorrow how easy it all went for you.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views