Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday September 18, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/18/18 5:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

How are you all today? We are supposed to get the remnant rain from Hurricane Florence today, but right now it is sunny, warm and humid.

I am almost back to this time zone already and only have clean clothes to put away which makes me feel quite organized after 2 weeks of moving about constantly. My eating and drinking were on target yesterday, so I hope to be able to continue that through the week. My plan is to hold off weighing until Monday. I've found that after trips if I am really disciplined about my eating for a time period about 50% long as my trip before weighing myself that I am generally back to pre-trip weight at that point.

A collage of pictures is below (top 2 from Scotland, middle 2 from Ireland and bottom 2 from Paris).

QOTD: What would the title of your autobiography be and why? I think mine would be: No Straight Lines because though I am a goal setter by nature, I could never set them too far off and constantly have had to readjust over my lifetime. I planned to go to college directly from high school, but I got pregnant, married (divorced that one a few years later), and didn't finish college/grad school until I was about 30. At one point I thought I wanted to be in the medical field, but ended up in Insurance. I wanted to give birth to more children and we adopted our two youngest instead. I thought DH and I would work longer, then travel constantly when we retired, but now he has Alzheimer's and all our plans are made based on that.

2 Years, 5.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 21.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Chicken

D: Shrimp

S: meat stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

AnnieG522
on 9/18/18 6:03 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Here in NC we are incredibly humid with flooding roads; have to be safe! Your photos are marvelous.

QOTD: What would the title of your autobiography be and why? She never took a paved road if there was a rocky road detour!

I am full of hubrious of many types; I can always go the easy way but the other direction looks so much more interesting! And oh my, the sights I've seen :)

B: Premier protein shake, 2 bacon, 1/2 slice mountain grain toas

L: Turkey, baby swiss and cottage cheese roll up

D: Homemade jambalya with quinoa

S: Yogurt, air popped popcorn

Ton of coffee

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

PCBR
on 9/18/18 6:22 am

Thanks for the pics! Looks like you saw some amazing things. Good job staying on goal. I remember actually losing weight during a trip to England -- lots of walking coupled with not so great food most of the places that we went. If we had stayed more days in London, it may have been a different story. The food in Spain was great, but the small portions and the walking worked against gain as well.

Oh man..so accountability: I forgot my chicken yesterday. I ended up eating skyr for lunch but was hungry soon after. Ended up eating the most proteiny, savory thing I could scare up that wasn't a protein shake: almonds. A whole bag. And when I got home, I was hungry and wolfed down the chicken I'd forgotten. I went over calories and carbs, and felt ick to boot. It was a failure in planning and in mindfulness. Today I need to keep it really focused.

B - Chike, cinnamon, fairlife, water

S - Breakfast sausage

L - Chicken and cheese

D - ?

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

PCBR
on 9/18/18 6:24 am

QOTD: The Highs and Lows of Being a Polymath.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/18/18 6:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I walked a lot but I also ate a lot more than usual which is why I'm not weighing myself until I've been back for a week (and staying protein forward and lower calorie all week).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 9/18/18 10:04 am - Woburn, MA

I'm at the work offsite - so far it's fun. Pouring rain here in
Boston and everyone severe weather alerts keep going off.

QOTD: I have to think about this.

B: scrambled eggs, bacon, chicken apple sausage, steel cut oats - a few bites of each

L: 1/2 turkey/bacon wrap, a little orzo salad

D: going out, we shall see

E: yesterday hit my steps by exploring the area - probably no time for that today...we are supposed to walk to dinner but the weather may not cooperate with that

VSG on 04/28/2014

yvonnef1964
on 9/18/18 10:19 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I had to take a friend to her drs appt this morning, didn't think I was going to get her there on time. The highway was backed up when I got on the ramp so I got off at the next exit and kept hitting every red light but I made it. Then she wanted something to eat so I had an early lunch. Thought I won a 1,000 dollars from this flyer I got in the mail but it was a scheme to get you to buy a car. I walked away with 2 dollars and a scratch off. Lol

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L meat lovers omelette and raisin toast

D keto lasagna and broccoli

Qotd Easy one to get but becoming stronger.

I was like a doormat for everyone to use all my life but am learning to stand up for myself against users.

Have a good day

ShirlAus
on 9/18/18 5:19 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - I have been MIA for quite some time. Popping back in to read posts when I could. Things have been crazy busy with work and family committments. This month alone was our wedding anniversary, my sons 21st, Hubbys birthday and we have my stepsons 21st on Friday. Add into that the most wonderful news that my step daughter was ready to meet up with me - after 8 years of stress and tension caused by Hubbys ex. Its been a FULL on month thus far. Full of special memories and smiles & laughter - Attaching a couple of pictures of the first 2 birthday cakes I made - I have one more to go for Fridays birthday

I am now 15 months out from Surgery and my body has settled at 169lbs - I have maintained this easily for the past 4 months. Had my checkup with my surgeon a couple of months ago and he is very happy with my weight loss - I have lost over 85% of my excess weight. We spoke about my original goal of 154lbs and given various reasons I have decided to settle at this weight.

So here I am - zero regrets at the decision to have this surgery and happy :) Just would love another 24 hours in the day but would likely just fill them and be equally as tired

B: Multigrain Roll with Peanut Butter

L: Zuchinni Loaf

D: Beef Casserole with some mash

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/19/18 4:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Its nice to hear from you and congratulations on all your news (anniversary, birthday, stepdaughter meeting, maintaining at goal, etc.)! You have been a busy lady.

BTW, my DH would love those cakes (he is a chocoholic).

ShirlAus
on 9/19/18 2:40 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I feel bad I havent been around - lurking when I could but going to try and get into routine again

Thank you re the cakes - the one with the smarties(m n m's) was my sons who also loves chocolate. It was a double chocolate mud covered in frosting then coated. I didnt eat any.

Hubbys cake was a sponge cake with jam n cream and only frosting on the top - I did have a piece of that

Making a 4 WD Cake for my stepson tonight after work - so fingers crossed that works out well

Good to see you had a good trip - photos are gorgeous and hope things are settling at home now DH is back in his environment x

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views