Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday, 10/13/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/18 2:48 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! As usual when I work, I am posting early, but I am dying to share something I found hilarious with you all. I was taking this guy's vital signs and he was eating a cookie. He said he needed to stop eating them and lose a few pounds. I told him every once in awhile you just need a cookie. This 70 year old man replies "You're right, just like cocaine." I was cracking up.

Night has been okay overall. State surveyors will be skulking around, so everyone is on their best behavior. I know I will have to follow a few rules I don't normally follow, or anyone on night shift follows, like no food in the one on one rooms. Normally I takes snacks, which I will still do, but I will take small things I can stash in my pocket until the time window for state is done. Should be good through this weekend, but they my be here next weekend. Nothing other than just your scrubs too, so no jacket. They might as well kill me, because I will die in the cold of these rooms.

After work I will have to go home and shower, and get proof of residency to take to the dmv. At some point I lost my driver's license, so get to buy a new one, mildly annoyed.

QOTD: What is your favorite accessory?

My Fitbit Versa, I love my watch and am never without it. I also have a tiny locket I adore, it is turquoise with a honey bee engraved on the front of it.

Breakfast- 2 eggs, plain, greek yogurt. This yogurt is my local market's brand. It was on sale, so we will see how I like it. I'm a snob when it comes to yogurt.

Lunch- Turkey sandwich, grapes

Dinner- Pepperjack cheese stuffed chicken breast, zucchini stew

Snaaaacks- Pork rinds, broad beans (if you have not had Enlightened's roasted broad beans, you should try them. They are delicious and pretty filling.)

Gwen M.
on 10/13/18 6:19 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you allowed to wear something under your scrubs?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MissCheri18
on 10/13/18 6:42 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

I was wondering that also... I've had tons of medical staff interaction including in a hospital/medical rehab facility and many wear a long sleeve tee or thermal top under theirs, I know because the sleeves show and it looks good.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Gwen M.
on 10/13/18 6:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yes! Under Armour Cold Gear is an amazing, amazing invention. :D And even if you can't have other things showing under the scrubs, a short sleeve Cold Gear shirt would still warm the core and sometimes that makes a huge difference.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/18 11:00 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I can! I wear cuddlduds, but they may not be warm enough. They are okay for lightly warming, but as cold as I get I will look into those under armor cold gear.

MissCheri18
on 10/14/18 6:39 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Oh and FYI if you are looking for thermals go in the MENS dept. men's are made warmer than women's!

HW 239.9, SW 223

Cheri

AnnieG522
on 10/13/18 6:30 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good morning, Mersh! You made me laugh this morning. I do not have cookies in the house ever. They are my "crack". They come in a single serving, no matter how large the package! I would probably founder!

QOTD: What is your favorite accessory? I have moonstone earrings and pendant that DH gave me; I love the quiet feel of the stones. (I collect rocks...) but generally, earbobs (earrings).

I've been on my own with the pups for a few days whI find I talk out loud to the dogs (ha ha, really to myself) since I am used to him being around. Our weather, post Hurricane Michael, has become fall like. So grateful. Lots of roads washed out, power outages, trees down and a couple of deaths even here in NC, and we are a long way from FL. Hurricane season ends Nov 30. But ocean water is so warm, it may extend it.

We have company coming from Spain for a quick overnight on Wednesday, so there will be cooking going on. But he eats very healthy foods, so it is usually just fun.

Gearing up for Halloween! Thanksgiving is my favorite, then Halloween, then Christmas.

B: Premier protein shake, lots of coffee

S: ??

L: Greek yogurt & scrambled egg

D: Homemade pinto beans with fat free cheese

S: Chobani Greek yogurt

I am maintaining 122-125 at 1100 calories, with 84 grams protein a day. No exercise yet.

ALL, have a wonderful weekend!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/13/18 6:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Mersh! Maybe a long sleeve insulated shirt for under your scrubs would help? I sort of see why food might be an issue for some one on ones, but not others. Sometimes rules are silly when judgement works better. I think that is the issue here in Massachusetts where we have a referendum question about the nurse:patient ratio. Though there needs to be the correct ratio, legislation can have inintended affects and replace good judgement. I am very torn and have talked to nurses on both sides.

We saw A Star is Born yesterday. FANTASTIC! Lady Gaga nailed it (I think we all had some tears at the end).

Dog and cat introductions going well here. I think they will be fully free to explore each other soon.

QOTD: I guess first it is my engagement and wedding ring. Next are the diamond studs that I always wear in my second holes as they were my eldest DDs and she always wore them. Third is the antique ring from my fathers family which I've had since my father died other than a few years when eldest DD died. So those are the emotional ones. Beyond that probably my two tone MK watch. After I lost it, I rebought the same watch.

2 Years 6.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 22.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: crab cakes or ahi tuna (out to dinner)

S: homemade cottage cheese with torani SF syrup

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MissCheri18
on 10/13/18 6:55 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Good to know about A Star is Born I have been thinking of going. It is hard to decide on this nurse/patient ratio I did not get needed care in a couple of my hospital stays and more than enough in others... BUT in the full-care rehab section of a hospital I was sent to after my brain aneurism surgery my nurse was super, she was no in my room all the time but she not only helped me learn personal hygiene but took me outside etc. but the biggest thing she did was teach me how to eat and act proper at the dining table for ex: when I spit the broccoli across the table (loved it BEFORE hate it now) she taught me in a super nice way how to spit into a napkin... I still cannot have a meal of any size without my napkin! She took that time and gave me total respect even when all the expert said I'd never learn and would need to go into a full-care nursing home, I don't know I she saw the light in my eyes or just had a huge heart of faith not to give up... but I'd of not made it without her.

HW 239.9, SW 223

Cheri

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/13/18 7:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nurses are SO important! And great nursing assistants as well. I love the expansion into Nurse Practitioners for the same reason. I spent a lot of time with my eldest DD and my mother at the hospital and the times when there was respectful, caring that made all the difference were from the nursing staff, not the doctors.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views