Kaiser Options Class & Weight Loss Requirements

GRietdyk
on 10/16/18 1:46 pm

Has anyone finished Kaiser Options program and not meet their 5% weight loss requirement? If not, what happens? How do you continue to weigh in until you meet your goal weight?

ljbarbara
on 10/16/18 3:29 pm

I did not go through Kaiser program so I don't know the answer to your question. Your program director will have the answer for you and will work with you to overcome any issues you may have.

Best of luck to you!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Chanelcamp26
on 10/16/18 9:55 pm
VSG on 07/24/18

I went through the options program this year. 12 weeks from March to the end of May. I was required to lose 10 percent and I did which was 24 pounds. I lost even more during the two day liquid diet before surgery. I wanted to be a low weight for surgery to make it as low risk as possible.

I had my surgery on July 24th at Kaiser Southbay.

I suggest following everything they recommend and getting all the tests and appointments scheduled. After options, they have to write up a recommendation and that took about a month. Then I had to meet with my surgeon and then wait for my surgery date.

The whole process took about 8 months from the first referral from my GP to orientation to options to surgery.

Wishing you luck!

Most Active