26 hours closer to the losers bench

VSGmimi2018
on 10/21/18 2:41 pm
VSG on 10/22/18

So yes I am an admitted lurker. I have been researching this for quite some time. I jumped through all the Hoops I had to jump through psych eval, EKG, chest x-ray, blood work, more blood work, meetings, classes, and YouTube video binge-watching. Tomorrow is the day and I had a mini breakdown yesterday. I think it is more anxious than scared. I am a little nervous, but I have a unique situation. I have a condition called uctd and it causes inflammation in my body well, let me rephrase, I have symptoms and lab work that don't designate one particular busy so they love them together and call him a nice little word or give them to initials. I have undifferentiated connective tissue disease. It lumps in lupus scleroderma fibromyalgia and rheumatoid and Sjogren's all of those. So my goal is to ultimately lose the weight 2 reduce the load on my joints and give me some relief from the inflammation and swelling that adipose tissue can create. My rheumatologist was on board, my primary care physician was on board all of these people have been supporting me from the beginning my husband as well. So I think I am just a little bit anxious about the unknown but I am super excited to know that I will finally be able to have a tool that I can use that I know will work. I have been a chunky person my whole life. One part of my life I was pretty fit but I got married I got comfortable and went back to my old ways of being happy and comfortable. I'm not saying I'm not happy, I'm just not comfortable. So tonight I will get that wonderful shower with the surgical soap and then again in the morning before I go in I have to show up at 6 a.m. surgery is at 8 a.m. they did say I could put on deodorant and I appreciate that LOL. I have packed my bag and I'm just waiting to get off of my 12-hour shift today to go to the store and pick up any last minute little things before I go home and drink drink drink water so I can stay hydrated.

I am so sorry for the long post and not introducing myself and proper fashion, but I have been reading such good stories today and this forum seems to be a little bit more active than others. I will update tomorrow evening or probably day 2 and I'll probably have more questions than information that you guys need cuz you cuz I've already been there LOL. Wish me luck!ð?¤--

CatLady3401
on 10/21/18 5:00 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

Lucky you! They told me no deodorant. And that pre-surgery scrub is very drying.

HW 382, SW 325, GW 165

SD 9/26/2018

pescetarian

ElaP
on 10/21/18 6:55 pm
VSG on 10/22/18

Best of luck! I'm having my surgery tomorrow, too! I can't sleep, now!! Ugh!! I have to be at the hospital at 6am... I'm freaking out a bit! Trying to remain reasonable, but my mind is working over-time!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/18 8:56 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Good luck and we'll welcome you on the losers bench!

Kristi T.
on 10/22/18 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Welcome and best wishes tomorrow, you will do great!

Chanelcamp26
on 10/22/18 3:25 am
VSG on 07/24/18

Happy surgery day! Looking forward to seeing you more on the forum. Remember to take your pain medication, get an ice pack for that large incision, have water and popsicles to hydrate, walk and grab a pillow to hold on your tummy. All these things helped me after surgery. Speedy recovery!

Kathy S.
on 10/22/18 10:33 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active