Recent Posts

Yogagirl17
on 7/26/19 10:06 am
VSG on 07/16/19
Topic: RE: Just had sleeve two days ago..

Awesome! Thank you, finally starting to feel better.

Yogagirl17
on 7/26/19 10:05 am
VSG on 07/16/19

Thank you! Finally feeling better!

sMa66
on 7/26/19 9:58 am
VSG on 06/25/19

Gas-X and moving around worked for me! Hang in there! It won't last too long!

sMa66
on 7/26/19 9:54 am
VSG on 06/25/19
Topic: RE: 6 days post-op feel the same

I felt horrible like that the first 5-6 days until my stomach acid settled. I'm four weeks out and still get hungry from time to time. Likes others have said I take it as a sign that I haven't had anything to drink in a while and my hunger goes away after drinking. I hope you're doing better!

sMa66
on 7/26/19 9:49 am
VSG on 06/25/19
Topic: RE: Ok so I think I hit my stall early

I had my surgery two weeks before you and hit a stall after two weeks for about a week. I'm glad you got help from your medical team. I found that when I stall it's usually because I'm not eating enough. I take a day and eat alittle more, which throws my body into work mode again!

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/19 8:37 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I'm not sure if GasX would work? I never tried it, I just kept walking until I nearly wore a path on my wood floor!

I was told the pain is caused by all the air they pump inside us to make it easier to see what they're doing during the surgery. This air gets trapped and needs to be re-absorbed somehow to make it's way back out.

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/19 8:27 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Just wondering if you take your ant acid first thing in the morning before you start your fluids? I'm not sure if that makes a difference but that's what I was told to do for the first 90 days post op. I'm four months post op now and have not felt physical hunger yet just the mental hunger.

Please don't test your sleeve as you could do serious damage to yourself. You have the rest of your life to eat whatever you want. I would advise you follow your diet instructions to the letter and allow your traumatized new stomach to heal.

Good luck! You can do this

Chrissykookalou
on 7/24/19 6:12 pm
VSG on 08/12/19

Someone posted on YouTube having used GasX for babies and said that it worked for them. Packing this in my to go bag! Ask your Dr before using and good luck!

Chrissykookalou
on 7/24/19 5:47 pm
VSG on 08/12/19
Topic: RE: New here, just introducing myself

Hi Everyone, my name is Christine. I am new here as well. My surgery date is August 12. 2019. I am nervous but my motivation stems from DM II with high BSL in the 500's. I am doing this more for the hopeful loss if the diabetes!

Question! I was told that I would not lose much???? I am 5 ft 7 in, 212lbs and may go to 170lbs??? While weight loss is desired, my goal is to eliminate the diabetes. Any thoughts?

Beth007
on 7/24/19 5:23 pm

Keep up the good fight! Count your wins, even the small ones. You passed up eating something you shouldn't. That's a win! I didn't expect to be hungry after surgery either. But I had major head hunger. Head hunger is no joke! But it gets better. Believe this journey will be the one to work. Don't give up or give in! Your body needs you to be strong.

Most Active