abbyd’s Posts

abbyd
on 1/2/16 5:00 pm
Topic: RE: What can I expect from pre op nutrition classes?

This Tuesday I go for my first nutrition class. What were your pre op classes like? I'd just like to get an idea of what to expect. 

abbyd
on 12/23/15 3:35 am
Topic: RE: Help! Cannot get my ring off and going in for EDG

I'm at the beginning stages, preparing for surgery. This morning I am going for an endoscopy and I am supposed to remove all jewelry. My wedding band will not budge. I tried so many tricks yesterday and couldn't get it off. Will they cut it? I am hoping they will say it is no big deal. It's my grandmother's and I'd hate to have it cut!! 

abbyd
on 12/9/15 5:01 pm
abbyd
on 11/26/15 6:08 pm
Topic: RE: How long was your process before actually having the surgery?

Thanks everyone for responding! I'm getting very excited to see what my journey will look like. 

abbyd
on 11/25/15 6:49 pm
Topic: RE: How long was your process before actually having the surgery?

Hi guys, 

I've been researching WLS for a few years now and I think I am ready to take the plunge. I signed up for a WL seminar the surgeon's office has in a couple weeks (did this 3 years ago but figure I need a refresher). So, from the time you started the process, how long before you actually had the surgery? I know different surgeon offices will vary but I am just curious about your experiences... Thanks. 

abbyd
on 8/19/15 4:54 pm
Topic: RE: Newbie questions

Thank you Heather! Frisco's post explained it perfectly!

abbyd
on 8/19/15 2:02 pm

Thanks for taking the time and responding. My husband actually attended a Lap Band info session years ago. I think I'll sign up and invite him along again. I think, for him it is the stigma attached to WLS. Like, just eat less and exercise and you'll lose it. I'm dealing with those thoughts too and probably adding to some of the shame I am feeling about being open about it. I do think I'll feel more capable of increasing activity when I don't have all of this extra weight attached to me. At least, that's what I'm hoping. 

abbyd
on 8/19/15 1:46 pm
Topic: RE: I love my sleeve

Wow Carol! You're awesome! I am just now starting my research on the sleeve and I love reading a success story! I'm curious, what was it like cruising with the sleeve? I'm trying to picture my life with this and we are actually planning a May cruise. We've cruised many times before but food is such a big part of it. 

abbyd
on 8/19/15 1:00 pm

It's been years since I've been on this site. Years ago I was considering Lap Band. I read a ton of stories on this forum and even went to an information session that a local surgical group had. Ultimately, I was scared and didn't receive much support from my husband and mom so I put it off. Here I am two kids later and heavier than I've ever been. I came back to OH to read current stories and when I look at the Lap Band boards there are a bunch of complaints so here I am looking into the sleeve. I'm sure I'll have many more questions but here are some just to get started:

What's with the drinking while eating? Can you drink before/after a meal, just not during? What happens if you do? 

What does eating out look like to you? I go out with my girlfriends every couple months for dinner. We get a couple of beers and dinner and talk for hours. I'm just trying to picture how I will handle a situation like that?

Have you been forthcoming with people about your surgery? If so, have they been supportive? My husband is very apprehensive. Advice on helping him to be more supportive? 

What surprised you the most after having the surgery? 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views