AK_Gipson’s Posts

AK_Gipson
on 11/24/16 8:12 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today, Thursday, 11/24/16?

Just finished cooking everything for Thanksgiving dinner 

I will have a little bit of everything... Including almost sugar free sweet potato casserole, minus the marshmellow topping. Plus my almost sugar free pumpkin pie. But not all at once. Probably have ham and broccoli casserole for lunch, and turkey and dressing (small amount) for dinner 

here hoping I don't  go nuts 

exercise - hit the doorbusters at some stores at 6 am... That counts right? 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

AK_Gipson
on 11/22/16 11:45 am, edited 11/22/16 5:15 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Tuesday, 11/22/2016

I'm sitting in my recliner, under an electric blanket... Just got the feeling back in my fingers. I don't know why I get so cold my fingers and toes go numb... I mean I live in alabama it's not THAT cold here...

b - protein bar, decaf coffee

L - 2 oz grill pork chop, salad with homemade ranch dressing

D - dry beans and sausage for the family, I'll have the grilled pork again.

S - bar, pudding (as needed) 

water, behind again! 

Vites, nope, I'll take them now

exercise - does major grocery shopping for thanksgiving and the whole month count? I swear I crossed Walmart at least 3 times! 

AK_Gipson
on 11/22/16 11:40 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Tuesday, 11/22/2016

I bought the motz cheese and pepperoni to try this low carb pizza recipe.. The cheese is the crust... Looks yummy....http://www.stillathomemom.com/quick-easy-low-carb-skillet-pizza/

AK_Gipson
on 11/21/16 1:16 pm
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Monday, 11/21/2016

B- protein bar, I had the last of my pumpkin spice decaf this morning, boo! 

L - chicken, LF cheese stick, salad

d - tilapia, asparagus

s - protein bar

exercise - planet fitness -done

water - ahead of schedule

Vites- morning dose done, so on schedule

AK_Gipson
on 11/21/16 3:54 am
Topic: RE: New to the Forums- HELLO!!

Welcome! 

AK_Gipson
on 11/20/16 11:48 am, edited 11/20/16 3:48 am
Topic: RE: Genpro Protein

I try to stay as low carb as possible.Usually net (carbs minus fiber) between 35-50 carbs a day.

i use isopure zero carb protein. It comes in several flavors. I mainly use unflavored (to mix with food or to use as creamer in my coffee), or banana creme to add to sf pudding or faux banana ice cream. 

AK_Gipson
on 11/20/16 11:40 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Sunday, 11/20/2016

LOL @ Donna's brain!! I remembered my band with moniter when I went to the gym. Put it on and even wet it to get it to moniter my heart rate and calories burned. Went to turn on the watch... Wai****ch... Oh yeah .. THe watch, that is beside my chair, at HOME! Really???

b - protein bar

L - chicken, salad

D - grilled pork chop, asparagus

S - bar, protein pudding

exercise - planet fitness, though I'm guessing at the calories burned :( 

water and vites - on track 

AK_Gipson
on 11/19/16 5:22 am
Topic: RE: Vitamin Help!

I bought mine through baratricadvantage.com, I believe

AK_Gipson
on 11/18/16 1:18 pm
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Friday, 11/18/2016

Had surgeons labs done today.. 7 vials of blood!!! Really? The lab tech was like, does he want to leave any blood in your body? LOL

B- protein bar, decaf coffee

L- 2 oz chicken, salad

D - shrimp and asparagus 

S - bar, pudding

exercise - nope my schedule is all off this week

water and vites - on schedule

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 12:23 pm
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Thursday, 11/17/2016

I had to put go to the gym in my schedule. Then guard that time 7am -9am (including driving time) 3 days a week. It helps. 

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 12:18 pm
Topic: RE: NSV -- my friends are developing amnesia.

That's the best NSV! 

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 12:16 pm
Topic: RE: Received my first negative comment yesterday...How would you respond?

You might think so, but my docs want me to lose a little more. 

If shis concerned, knowing that you are under doctors care should take of it :) 

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 7:07 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Thursday, 11/17/2016

B - bar

L - chicken, salad

D - rabbit and gravy (rabbit is new to me, so we will see how it goes) 

S - bar, protein pudding

no exercise, I have a headache threatening to turn into a migraine, will take meds ( which make me sleepy) after I take dad to radiation

yesterday, I ate off plan. First time since restarting. I did pick a protein, just a battered and fried one lol (chicken drumstick) instead of the fried potatoes in the fridge. But I knew I wasn't hungry, and didn't need it... But ate it anyway... Definitely ate due to stress and anger. And bridezillas with dress codes arghh! Anyway, I won't let it get to me today. 

Good luck to everyone, we get to start over and try again, everyday. Let's make it better than yesterday :) 

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 6:14 am
Topic: RE: Day one post op

Walk and sip. Rest. Sip and walk.. That's all you need to worry about :) 

AK_Gipson
on 11/17/16 5:31 am
Topic: RE: Day one post op

The rumbling probably isn't hunger. The nerves were cut so they can't tell you what's going on. You can't trust stomach sounds to guide you anymore. 

Most likely it is gas from the surgery. :) 

AK_Gipson
on 11/16/16 4:34 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Wednesday, 11/16/2016

Woke up nauseous and dry mouthed, so I'm guessing I've been slacking on the fluids without realizing it. 

B - protein bar, pumpkin spice coffee

L - boneless skinless chicken thigh, salad

D - tilapia, asparagus sprinkled with cheese

S-  protein bar, protein pudding

estimated calories today -890

water- pushing fluids

exercise- if I get to feeling better

vites - on schedule

AK_Gipson
on 11/16/16 4:29 am
Topic: RE: I can't keep the meal replacement down

Oh yes to this! I forgot about that. I used to go coffee cups cuz if I smelled it I couldn't get it down.

AK_Gipson
on 11/16/16 4:26 am
Topic: RE: On the other side!

Yes! You really shouldn't be on solid food! No one enjoys being on liquids but it IS necessary.

You don't "feel" anything at all. You nerves were cut! they are healing. So they can't tell you that you are hurting them. Less than a week out and you put yourself on solid food???? girl, you can do some damage. If you don't stick to the plan now, will you stick to it 10 years from now? 

Get some unflavored and mix with cold water, add to your soups, broths. When you get to the mushy stage you can add banana creme zero carb protein with sugar free pudding. Of make banana ice cream. But you should not be eating solids yet.

AK_Gipson
on 11/16/16 4:18 am
Topic: RE: I can't keep the meal replacement down

Try a different brand. Or a different type there is whey based, soy based, plant based etc...

I mainly use unflavored isopure zero carb protein.mix with cold water to form a paste and then add to broths, soups, coffee. 

AK_Gipson
on 11/15/16 7:09 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha eating today? Tuesday, 11/15/2016

Glad you're feeling better Gwen! I've always wanted to try those tricycle on the water at the beach! 

Today is catch up day for all of dads errands, after his radiation, so I'm eating breakfast early so I won't get sucked into, just run thru a drive thru food. 

My pup is better, but soo pitiful that I am leaving in a few. She is pouting lol 

b- bar, pumpkin spice coffee

L - chicken thighs going in crockpot, hopefully will be done by lunch. so salad, and 2 oz of chopped chicken in it.

D - leftover chili, LF cheese stick

S - another protein bar, protein pudding with meds 

exercise - not today

AK_Gipson
on 11/15/16 7:00 am
Topic: RE: Moved on to Phase II

This should help you get started.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

AK_Gipson
on 11/15/16 3:42 am
Topic: RE: RLS with anemia

Thank you for explaining it :) 

i have to drink Powerade zero for potassium or I start kicking in my sleep.  And that's horrible, especially for the hubby lol. I'm guessing RLS Would be 10 times as worse. So sorry :( 

AK_Gipson
on 11/14/16 5:26 pm
Topic: RE: RLS with anemia

What is rls?

AK_Gipson
on 11/14/16 5:25 pm
Topic: RE: Night hot flashes-new since surgery

I get hot if I eat to much or to fast.  considering I am always cold, I can tell the difference. I start yelling turn the ac on as I go to the bathroom to take off my many layers of clothes. 

AK_Gipson
on 11/14/16 5:22 pm
Topic: RE: NSV

today I had to take my dog to the vet. She apparently jumped off my daughters bed and wrenched her back. Which is a lot better outcome than what we thought she had done. So she got a cortisone shot and 10 days of anti inflammatory and pain meds.... Not the NSV lol 

I had to take her in a box (she is a little dog 11 pounds only) so I wasn't hurting her by carrying her. She is old, about 13 years old. And was scared to death. So I couldn't sit down because she would try to get out of the box to get to me. So I stood at the counter with her, holding her. For about an hour! A freaking hour! And then I got on the floor to do exercises that doc needed her to do.  No way before surgery could I have carried the box and then held her. Or stood. I would have made a beeline to the nearest chair. But not today! I was able to do what needed to be done.

Sometimes I am still amazed at what I can do now, that I could never have done before. 

Most Active