81kellograms’s Posts

81kellograms
on 2/22/17 3:17 pm
Topic: RE: 6 month checkup today went VERY Well.

Congratulations! Sounds like you're right on track. I have my 3 month appt coming up and really excited to see my test results.

47 years old, 5'7", highest weight: 320, surgery weight: 295, goal weight: 158

PostOp (4 months): 25lbs, 1M: 20lbs, 2M: 10lbs

81kellograms
on 2/6/17 6:20 am
Topic: RE: I could use a diet assessment - 8wks post op

Hey ya'll, thought I would give an update. I naturally eat about 950 calories so cutting back takes more effort. I'm willing to make that effort, but only if necessary. Due to my surprise loss last week, I just wanted to see how much I would lose this week by staying the course. Well, I lost four pounds, so 7.5 in the last two weeks. I'm working out like a beast, going to the gym everyday except Sunday, so hopefully I can keep it up.

This is what I averaged this week:

Calories - 920

Fat - 40g (39%)

Carbs - 67g (29%)

Protien - 75g (32%)

Really interesting that my macros are so close to the previous weeks I tracked. Can you tell I'm a number cruncher?

81kellograms
on 2/5/17 7:58 am
Topic: RE: Embarrassing...

I'm just a little over 2 months out and I can have some seriously explosive farts. DH is very impressed! Luckily, I can control them but it's kind of startling at times. I haven't been able to track it to the food I'm eating but it does seem to happen in conjunction with stomach gas.

81kellograms
on 1/28/17 6:29 am

Thanks all! So too many calories. I figured that was the case. I think I'll back down to 800 over the next 4 weeks and see if it makes a difference. Of course, my morning weigh-in showed a 3.5lb loss for the week. I should talk about how slow I think I'm losing more often!

I do have true hypoglycemia and I've never had diabetes. Not diagnosed but I know what it feels like so I bought a glucose monitor. Whenever I was feeling it, I tested and my glucose level would be in the 65 to 75 range. This was happening every few hours per day. I know a combo of complex carbs and protein can level blood sugar out and that's what I was doing but it was still happening. I did some research and found that fiber slows down the absorption of carbs thus creating an even more level blood glucose without any dips. So I added more fiber and immediately the hypoglycemia stopped. Haven't had it one time since. For now, grains are my friend. I'll switch to getting my fiber with vegetables when I'm able to eat them without issue.

Again, thanks so much! -k

81kellograms
on 1/27/17 5:13 pm
Topic: RE: 1 Year 6 Month Check-In! Progress Photos!

Wow, you look incredible. At this point, I can't wait to have loose skin!

81kellograms
on 1/27/17 5:02 pm

I feel like I'm doing okay, but wondering if I could be doing great. My first month's weight loss was 20lbs, of course without even trying. Second month has been 8.5lbs. I really hoped it would be at least double that. First week was 4lbs, 2nd - 4th week has been a steady 1.5lbs per week.

My NUT said I should aim for 800 to 1000 calories a day since I'm burning 400 to 600 calories per day through exercise. That's based on a HR monitor. I'm going to the gym and taking classes like Zumba, Body Pump (cardio weight lifting), Body Combat, and Spinning.

He had no recommendation for macros. I really struggle to get less than 60 grams of carbs per day. I don't eat vegetables very well and rely on complex carbs (grains) for my fiber. If I don't eat enough fiber I get hypoglycemia.

I averaged my calories and macros over the last three weeks:

Calories - 950

Fat - 42g (40%)

Carbs - 65g (28%)

Protien - 72g (32%)

I get 64oz of water on the dot. It's still tough it get it all down.

So what do you think? Stay the course or is there something I should try changing?

TIA! -Kelly

81kellograms
on 1/23/17 1:28 pm
Topic: RE: Experience with Magellan Behavioral Health Therapist Insurance Preauthorization?

I bet I am too! I mean really, isn't anxiety caused by life in general? I would think that a therapist is going to talk to me about everything under the sun if that's what I need. Work, relationships, finances, career . . .

81kellograms
on 1/23/17 1:23 pm
Topic: RE: Experience with Magellan Behavioral Health Therapist Insurance Preauthorization?

Actually, no it specifically says that I don't need PCP referral. Calling this third party Magellan company is all that's necessary. I've already checked and the therapist I would like to see is in my network and submits insurance. If I have to end up paying out of pocket, that's fine, I would just like for this super expensive insurance to actually cover something! Thanks!

81kellograms
on 1/23/17 9:27 am

Hello All! First off, I'm brand new. Started at BP then all the recent hubbub led me to here. I'm enjoying the format and members very much!

I'm in my 7th week after VSG and things are moving along as expected with the usual ups and downs that I read about here and elsewhere.

So I have insurance through BCBS (market HMO) and in order to see a behavioral health practitioner, I have to receive preauthorization from Magellan Behavioral Health Inc. I've never seen a therapist before (sans pre-surgery) and would like to start regular therapy sessions to get my brain wrapped around my new life-style and my relationship with food. I know my insurance doesn't cover anything regarding weight loss, I had to self-pay for surgery. So I'm wondering about what questions will be asked of me when I call for this preauthorization. Is there anything I should not say? Should I not say anything about weight loss? I have no idea what questions will be asked of me so I'm just trying to figure this out before-hand. So basically, I want to work the system to my advantage! TIA -kelly

Most Active