acedamama’s Posts

acedamama
on 6/5/18 3:54 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Band to Sleeve --- What Do I Expect?

Thank you so much! You are so right that I'm not totally on board right now. My fear of the unknown is very much a part of my hesitation. Can "I" live with the lifestyle change that the surgery will require of me. I'm very worried that I will become one of the many people in the forums here who go back to poor habits and gain it all back. My insurance doesn't cover this and I would be so disappointed in myself if I spent all the money and time only to gain the weight back. This is so much more than a surgery, it is a lifetime, lifestyle commitment. Thank you so much for your candid words and food tips.

acedamama
on 6/5/18 12:04 am
Topic: RE: Lap Band to Sleeve --- What Do I Expect?

Long story short --- 2008 I had Lap Band surgery. I lied every month to get the band tightened and drank a large smoothie each day and then ate and "purged" every night. Over the course of 4 years I lost more than half my weight. In 2012 my husband was diagnosed with cancer and in June of 2014 he lost his battle. I was so afraid seeing him deteriorate I had the band loosened. In a matter of 18 months I gained all the weight back. I'm now 290 lbs., high sugar levels, terrible knee and joint issues and still can't eat like a normal person until late in the evening when I binge. My surgeon does not have much of a bedside manner, so his response is have the sleeve surgery and you will be happier.

My fear of the sleeve is that I will not be able to live a normal life. I won't be able to have wine with friends or enjoy a bowl of red beans and rice (I'm from LA.) Can I get some real advice and guidance on what I will expect right after the surgery and the months and years to follow?? I'm scared of the surgery and more so scared of the life after.

THANKS!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views