MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:48 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

tinktee
on 12/12/07 12:45 am - Spanaway, WA
Hello, I know of an awesome doctor who will accept Medicare and I'm not sure about DSHS. I have Medicare and Dr. Jeffrey Hunter did my surgery Oct of 04. I don't have the number right here but he is at Virgina Mason Federalway.( Federalway, WA) Doctor Hunter is a great guy with an awesome personality!
tinktee
on 12/12/07 12:49 am - Spanaway, WA
I went back to my page and Dr. Hunter's info is on there, here is his phone number. 253-874-1604
Kaylynne
on 12/26/07 5:23 am - ~, WA
I know the University of Washington Hospital bariatric surgeons take medicaid.  Sorry, I don't know the number.  I heard it through a friend.
Kim

I childproofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!

Debbie M.
on 12/27/07 5:23 pm - Tacoma, WA
Dr. Flum at the University of Washington did my surgery on November 28th.  I am on medicare because I am disabled due to recurrent cancer in my spine.  They are wonderful there.  Here is the following info I found for you: E. Patchen Dellinger, M.D. David R. Flum, M.D., M.P.H. Brant K. Oelschlager, M.D. Andrew S. Wright, M.D The surgeons are national and international experts in the fields of minimally invasive and bariatric surgery. In fact, the surgeons have trained many of the groups performing weight loss surgery in Washington and the Pacific Northwest. The team also includes a nurse practitioner, nutritionists, physical therapists, psychologists, and social workers, who are here to help you attain your goals and create a new, healthier life.

For new patient information, including details of the informational seminars or information about insurance coverage, please contact Bariatric Intake:

Phone: (206) 598-5879

JoJo69
on 4/26/09 8:58 am
How long did you have to wait to get it done. I have been waiting since Dec 2008 and still waiting. I have been there twice thay tell me that im a canadate for it but when I don't no. I have Dr.Oelschlager.
gusaltwer
on 5/25/10 5:37 am - Poulsbo, WA
call detroit medical center or look it up took four days to be pproved by medicare
rebmab
on 6/1/10 7:00 pm
Dr. Oelschlager is no longer doing bariatric surgery at UW, he's in a different department now. I was scheduled to have surgery with him too and got lost in the shuffle, which is what it seems is happening to you. Give them a call and ask them where you stand, and ask to meet with a new surgeon. I suggest Dr. Wright. I've met with 2 surgeons since Dr. Oelschlager left and the first one I didn't like at all, while Dr Wright seems to be really helpful, and I have confidence in him.
Good luck!

To add to the list... Swedish Medical Center is supposed to start taking Medicaid around August! Check with them and they will put you on their waiting list and call once they are certified and able to take it.
VickiStevens
on 12/30/07 6:51 am - Tacoma, WA
I believe Dr. Srikanth takes Medicare.  Dr. Srikanth is located in Federal Way, WA at the St. Francis medical office building.  His website is http://www.centerforweightlosssurgery.com/.   Dr. Srikanth is an awesome doctor with an excellent follow-up program.  He is listed as a "Center of Excellence."
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
newme4me
on 3/31/08 9:26 pm
I am on Medicare and in 2007 when I applied with Dr Srikanth, I recieved a letter saying they no longer accept Medicare.  However as stated above Dr Jeffery Hunter at Virgina Mason also in Federal Way does.
Most Active