MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

nicola542
on 2/6/10 7:45 am - Bremerton, WA
 This hasn't been updated in awhile (this thread), but recently I've had experience with both Medicaid and Medicare.

My Dr. here in Port Orchard(across the water from Seattle), has really been fighting to get me the lap band through DSHS. I qualified in everyway, was doing what they wanted me to do, we faxed in everything, everytime they asked. DSHS kept saying they weren't getting my doctors seven digit number (AFTER MY DOCTOR FAX AND REFAXED SO MANY TIMES!), grrrr. Anyway at 35, I got medicare . After my monthly WLS appt with my reg doctor, I came home and called the UW Bariatric clinic. She said this is as easy as can be with Medicare compared to Medicaid, because there is no prior approval needed from Medicaid or hoops to jump through and all the waiting compared to  Medicare.

They told me I had to come to the next up coming Seminar, which was February 17, 2010, and they sent me a package. They had an old address for me they sent the package to, but I called and they sent the package to the right address and the also emailed the information. Over the phone they also informed me that it could take 2-3 months or up to 6 months depending on what surgery I want (lap band) and how many tests the surgeon wants me to do. But I will see the surgeon about a week after the seminar they said, then I'll see the Psychiatrist, the nutritionist, do any test, then set the surgery date, YAY! 

So here's praying it all goes smooth, I'm EXCITED!!

So bottom line, UW takes both Medicare and Medicaid, however dealing with Medicaid and getting approved is a pain in the fanny and that's why it takes so much longer, then Medicare! 

tiggerjennifer
on 5/17/10 8:14 am
hey i saw your post dr.houseworth in bellevue takes medicare considering i am on medicare! it didnt take long for me to get it going in fact im having surgery done here in june 2!!! here is phone number 425 453 7888 they are great staff!
sdb1147
on 5/24/12 10:43 pm - Renton, WA
Congratulations on your surgery date. Wish I was close to that date also. Still jumping thru hoops getting all the small stuff out of the way. Endoscopy on June 7 & ABG blood draw, then it's a matter of waiting. Dr. McMahon said there shouldn't be any problems with Medicare approval. So far, I've met all the criteria.

Good luck on your surgery & you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Aberdare
on 5/25/10 3:44 pm, edited 5/26/10 11:34 am - Bellevue, WA
David Lauter MD
Troy Houseworth MD
Institute for Laparoscopic Surgery
Bellevue, Wa
425-453-7888

jgardner
on 12/29/10 3:12 am - Kirkland, WA

Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland, WA is a Center of Excellence and accepts Medicare (not DSHS) for hospital charges. To my knowledge, none of the surgeons currently affiliated with our program (Montgomery, Michaelson, Chock, Srikanth, Clinch, Chebli, Billings, and Landerholm) accept Medicare. This essentially makes the total surgery cost about half what it would be if Medicare did not cover the hospital portion.

I hope this information is helpful, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Jarreau Gardner, MS, RD Bariatric Program Coordinator Evergreen Healthcare
[email protected]
(425) 899-3630  
Heleena33
on 7/10/11 11:05 am - Custer, WA

Hi, Helen here in washington too!
So did you ever get your surgery?
Chantix worked for me too.
3 1/2 years quit now!!

Hope you have gotten what you want!

Have a great day!
Helen

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

formerfluffy
on 12/14/11 2:28 am - WA
To help our readers I called all of the following and did an inquiry on 12/14/2011 and following is the outcome of my calls when asking them if they took Medicare of Medicaid for Bariatric Surgery:
Virginia Mason 1-800-354-9527 They bill Medicare, and Medicaid as a Secondary.  No Medicaid direct.
University of Washington Medical Center 206-598-2274  They DO accept Medicaid or Medicare

Overlake Medical Clinic 425-467-3957 No answer

Swedish Weight Loss Services 206-215-3099  They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass only.

St Francis Center for Weight Loss 1-800-823-6525 They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass

Hope this helps some of you.  If you have any questions, you can call them direct, or call me at 206-227-4123

Tina

sdb1147
on 6/15/12 10:43 pm - Renton, WA
On December 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM Pacific Time, formerfluffy wrote:
To help our readers I called all of the following and did an inquiry on 12/14/2011 and following is the outcome of my calls when asking them if they took Medicare of Medicaid for Bariatric Surgery:
Virginia Mason 1-800-354-9527 They bill Medicare, and Medicaid as a Secondary.  No Medicaid direct.
University of Washington Medical Center 206-598-2274  They DO accept Medicaid or Medicare

Overlake Medical Clinic 425-467-3957 No answer

Swedish Weight Loss Services 206-215-3099  They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass only.

St Francis Center for Weight Loss 1-800-823-6525 They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass

Hope this helps some of you.  If you have any questions, you can call them direct, or call me at 206-227-4123

Tina
Received a call yesterday from Swedish Hospital (Dr. McMahon) & everything's a "GO"!

I'm scheduled for my RNY surgery on August 14th., 2012. It's taken me about 4-months to get there, but worth the effort 

Autumn Jensen
on 1/20/12 10:31 am - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
I have Dr. Mathew Rawlins in Spokane at the Rockwood Surgical Goup/Weigh Loss Surgery Center They are awesome!
Phone: 509-755-5120
Address: 910 West 5th Ave Suite 800 Spokane, WA  99204

There is also a Dr. Spitz and a Dr. Bright

Bariatric Case Managers are Deanna Verrett and Theresa Forsman
Kathereine Lefler RD

Hope this Helps!

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/12 5:14 am - WA
Rockwood Barriatric Clinic (Rockwood Medical Center) Spokane WA takes Medicare and Medicaid but you have to pay a NUT 495.00 might be out of pocket for some
Most Active