Advice for WLS at Madigan?

3lilmunchkins
on 7/1/14 7:48 am

Hi everyone,

I'm in the early stages of pursuing a WLS and was wondering if anyone could share their experience or offer advice for a surgery at Madigan? I think that I would want a DS but I'm trying to keep an open mind about other options.

Thanks for your help,
Bianca

“Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.”
~Helen Keller

armywife_28
on 8/20/15 6:49 pm

Hi Bianca it's been awhile since I had my WLS at madigan and at the time I had the most amazing surgeon dr.preston carter! To give u an idea on how long ago I had my procedure is that I had to be put on a long waiting list lol! And I was maybe the first youngest patient as well so I had to go through a lot to convince them. I do have a few friends now who had their WLS but they got the sleeve procedure and so far they have all been doing great and lost their weight fast I'm not really familiar with the sleeve procedure since mine was the rouy-n-y but when it comes to WLS madigan and by having friends who have just recently had it I would def recommend them

MaryKate777
on 8/31/15 12:45 am - WA

Dr. Carter was also my surgeon. He is awesome! I have not had a single complication in a year and a half. I had the VSG. 

Most Active