Recent Posts

Jennbreez
on 7/16/21 8:31 am
Topic: RE: Regence BlueShield of Washington

They covered mine. I had it on May 11th, and I have lost 50 lbs. I would try again. Sounds like you were given incorrect information.

lzbthcldwll
on 3/6/19 9:47 am
Topic: RE: Support Group in Kitsap County

Where are you located? I know CHI Franciscan in Tacoma participates... but you have to start with your Primary Care Doc.

HW 377 4/2017
CW 358 1/2019
GW 150

kimisin
on 4/27/18 2:09 pm
Topic: RE: Support Group in Kitsap County

Congrats! I would love to get involved in a support group but i have not had surgery yet im hoping to get advice on who and where to go as im on medicare and im getting confussed on where they except this insurance ... info on internet is overwhelming me... im hoping that i can get this going asap.

lizzybear
on 3/31/18 10:47 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: PS in Washington state - Egrari or Sattler

Hi Nancy. I'm not sure if you've already made a decision, and I hate to give a not super happy review, but I had my arms done and breast lift (no implants) with Dr. Egrari about five years ago. I had understood (and my mom who went to appointment and the surgery with me agreed with me), that I was told the side skin under my arms would be removed and "tighten up" along with the breast lift. However, it wasn't. My breast lift was fine, although he did it "appropriate for my age" (I was 50 at the time), which means they're already starting to look slightly saggy again. I said I didn't want 50 year old breasts, I hadn't had them up where they belonged forever, and wanted them to last a long time for what I was paying. I am still very unhappy with the side skin and won't wear shirts that have lower arm areas (tank tops, etc., which is what I was hoping to be able to wear), because the skin pushes over the top of the sides of my bra and I still feel very self-conscious. Also, I had never had a reaction to surgical/medical tape in my life and I've had lots of surgeries using it. However, within a couple days, the skin down my arm scars was super painful. When I went in for my 1-week post-op checkup, I found out the pain wasn't the incision itself, it was that my skin alongside the incision where there tape was was completely filled with blisters. The tape was removed and steri strips put on, but the scars from the blisters are still along the incision scar on both arms. I should have gone to the PS that my WLS surgeon's (Dr. Jeffrey Hunter in Federal Way) office had on staff, but it cost more and I would have had to save up longer, and I was so excited to get this done, I couldn't wait anymore. Now I wish I had waited. Just a little feedback. I understand Egrari does amazing PS, but WLS PS is different than regular PS and I feel like I wasted my money because I still don't feel good about how I look in the areas the PS was done.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

katarina49721
on 12/18/17 10:15 am - Port Angeles, WA
Topic: New to Washington State... looking for doctor/surgeon.

Hello all, I am not new to the WL journey but I have not had WLS yet. I have been a member on obesityhelp for many years and something always ends up coming up where I can't get approved or end up losing a bunch of weight on my own, and then of course end up gaining it all back plus some.

I just moved to Port Angeles WA and am hoping to find a doctor closer than Seattle. Any suggestions are helpful. Also can add me as friend if you would like. I am also concerned about Washington Apple Medicaid... does anyone know what their requirements are? I have not been to a doctor in many years and so I don't have years of weight ins or anything like that... how many months of doctor followed diets and programs need to be done? So many questions..... I have watched the before/after pics for years and it is just amazing... I am currently sitting at about 300lbs and am 5'6-5'7... so my BMI is over 40.

Anyhow thanks to anyone who has read this and thanks in advance for leaving a comment.

Joyce Milligan

Renzryd
on 12/17/17 3:43 pm
Topic: RE: Vancouver support groups?

Hi Sarah!

I just stumbled on your post. Don't know if you have found a support group...because they really are important, but Good Samaritan in Portland holds 2 a month. I have not seen the 2018 schedule, but they did hold them the 1st Wednesday and the 3rd Thursday of the month. You do not have to be a patient to attend.

-Renee

hachiko56
on 5/24/17 7:54 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Topic: RE: Surgery on Fort Lewis

I hope you did go off base...Dr. Watts performed surgery on my late wife 6/4/2003 and she left earth 2/13/2004....

hachiko56
on 5/24/17 7:49 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Topic: RE: Surgery on Fort Lewis

I hope you did go off base...Dr. Watts performed surgery on my late wife 6/4/2003 and she left earth 2/13/2004....

nancy6
on 3/12/17 9:40 am - Tacoma, WA
Topic: PS in Washington state - Egrari or Sattler

I haven't been active on OH for a while and it looks like this board is pretty quiet, but I'll post this and hope to get some input. I posted on the Plastic Surgery board as well. Anyway, I'm at the point of making a decision on which PS to use in the Seattle area and am down to two - Sepehr Egrari and Scott Sattler. Has anyone had experience with either of these two docs? I'm planning to have a LBL, breast lift/augmentation and arm lift. Both seem well qualified and have worked with WLS patients. One doc is willing to do all procedures at once (with a second PS assisting) which is a big deal to me - one surgery, one recovery, one time under general anesthesia. The other would do two surgeries and not do breast implants until a later date, which would mean a total of 3 surgeries. If anyone has had experience with either of these docs or having all 3 procedures at once, I'd love to get some input. Thanks so much!

~Nancy~

Most Active