Recent Posts

AKD40
on 9/11/15 9:24 pm
Topic: RE: Coventry Cares WV Medicaid

Coventry is easier to get approved than traditional Medicaid. They require 3 month supervised diet / exercise program and it has to be deemed medically necessary by your doctor. Good luck. 

KittysarusRex
on 9/11/15 5:55 am

I called the office I had planned on visiting and apparently they don't cover the sleeve or lap band, just traditional gastric bypass.  :\ 

KittysarusRex
on 9/11/15 5:31 am

If you find out anything please let me know!  I just switched and was working on the year that Medicaid required, so I may qualify too.

AKD40
on 7/30/15 10:11 am
Topic: Coventry Cares WV Medicaid

Has anyone been approved through Coventry Cares. Unlike straight Medicaid, you are only required to have 3 months of physician supervised weigh loss but I can't find any other guidelines that have to be met. I have the  sleep apnea, high cholesterol, GERD and Osteoarthritis so I know I meet the medical requirements but I don't know if they require that you lose a certain on your own. Anybody have any experience with them? 

conandjaysmom
on 7/23/15 3:15 pm - point pleasant, WV
Topic: Bcbs highmark of wv?

Anyone have this insurance and if so what is criteria for sleeve and does it cover it I'm getting conflicting information. Thank u.

melody S.
on 5/19/15 12:26 pm - Morgantown, WV
Topic: RE: WV medicaid

I use the form my surgeon's office gave me when I went for my seminar. It has boxes for my original weight, latest weight, exercise(s) and duration of exercises. My PCP fills it out every month when I see her. Your surgeon should give you something similar.

There are seven days in a week and "some day" is not one of them.

KittysarusRex
on 5/19/15 12:00 pm

How are you doing your exercise?  The way insurance worded it is "a physician supervised nutrition and exercise program, over a consecutive 12 month period, including evaluation and management with a licensed dietician, and increase in physical activity, and behavioral modification."

I thought it meant doctor supervised exercise program but the bottom part makes me think exercise in general.  

KittysarusRex
on 5/14/15 6:40 pm

Cabell, Looking at CAMC or Cabell Huntington hospital, but I already went to a seminar at CAMC.

melody S.
on 5/14/15 6:38 pm - Morgantown, WV

May I ask which county you are in? I'm in Monongalia. My surgeon is Dr. Akkary. Good luck!

There are seven days in a week and "some day" is not one of them.

KittysarusRex
on 5/14/15 5:33 pm

I've been morbidly obese for most of my adult life with high BP for 10 years now, and had struggles to control it, but, I want to know what "aggressive treatment" is because I'm worried.  My doctor said it would drop with weight loss, and he thinks I'm a good candidate, but I guess it depends on what Medicare thinks. :\

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1997 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4703 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6306 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5632 views