Recent Posts

melody S.
on 5/14/15 5:19 pm - Morgantown, WV
Topic: RE: WV medicaid

Good luck to you! It looks like I will have to put my surgery off until January. Again. But this time it just might happen. 

There are seven days in a week and "some day" is not one of them.

KittysarusRex
on 5/14/15 5:16 pm

Oh!  Thank you so much!  This gives me some hope, as I was looking through cash pay options and getting depressed.

melody S.
on 5/14/15 4:57 pm - Morgantown, WV

I got tired of waiting for my surgeon's office to get back to me about it, since the new guidelines went into effect on the first of April. Here is a link to the PDF they sent me. It has the requirements. 

http://www.dhhr.wv.gov/bms/Documents/Chapter%20519.4%20-%20Bariatric%20Services.pdf

KittysarusRex
on 5/14/15 4:19 pm

I went for a consult in Feb and I was basically told it wasn't approved, but when it is and changes go into effect I could try again.  They said it may be sometime within a year, and they may have stricter guidelines like PEIA insurance.

Kathy S.
on 5/5/15 2:29 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: ObesityHelp Conference Speakers: OH2015 Saturday Sessions

We are excited to announce our OH2015 ObesityHelp Conference speakers for the Saturday Sessions. In addition to a great line up of speakers, this year we have added more fitness activities to the conference schedule.

Make sure to stop by and learn more about both our Friday and Saturday speakers and their sessions. We continue to add more details to the OH2015 agenda, so keep checking!

Join us in Raleigh, NC, October 16th & 17th for two jammed pack days of education, support and celebration! Reserve Your Tickets NOW

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

brenda_m
on 4/11/15 4:51 am - Renick, WV
Topic: Hello Everyone!!!

Hello West Virginia!!! Hope all is well with everyone!!!

melody S.
on 3/10/15 12:47 am - Morgantown, WV
Topic: WV medicaid

Does anyone know when the new requirements for bariatric surgery go into effect for WV medicaid? My surgeon said that medicaid is not approving any new bariatric surgeries until it does, and they seem to have no idea when it will be. My pre-op testing is only good for six months, and I only have three months of that time left. I'm getting concerned that they won't approve my surgery in time.

Kathy S.
on 3/9/15 1:23 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: OH2015 Early Bird Registration Closes March 27th

Hurry, don't miss out on OH's event filled fun, education and a chance to meet fellow members of your WLS community.

SAVE NOW WITH EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION!

Kathy S.
on 1/26/15 6:41 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: The moment you've all been waiting for . . . OH2015 Location Announcement!

And the winner is....

http://events.obesityhelp.com/

Not sure you are going?  Check out the video from last years conference and you will see what you missed.  BOOK NOW

We hope to see you all there

pinkivy_6
on 12/19/14 12:26 am
Topic: RE: Anyone here?

Hi Melody,

I'm in Huntington, so not very near you. I did want to at least respond to our post.

Shari

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1998 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4703 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6306 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5632 views