Good Morning Wyoming

pinklowrider
on 2/16/13 3:34 am - Sheridan, WY

Good Morning Fellow Wyomingites.  I have been out of town for the past week taking care of a sick friend.  I have talked to the newest member of our Weight Loss Surgery Support Group who had her surgery on the 10th of December.  She has already lost 50 pounds---way to go.  She had a little problem with a stricture in her stomach opening, but her doctor got her all fixed up during a follow-up visit to his office. 

My own eating habits have been way out of kilter being out of town and staying in someone else's else and part-time at the hospital.  I have suffered severe nausea, light-headedness, and sleepiness.  I know these problems can arise from not eating enough protein--BTDT--but I have a doctor's appointment on Monday just to make sure something else isn't going on.  I STARTED OVER with the post-surgery regimin the middle of last month so I could get back on track with the right amount of protein and the 5 small meals per day--plus I had regained some weight due to "grazing."  It was working very well until I left town.  But I am ready to start over yet AGAIN.  Seems like this is the trick that works best for me when I get out of sync and realize that my protein intake is less than the required 60-75 grams per day.  Protein, supplements, and lots of water.  There should be a large sign on all of our refrigerators to remind us of this very important fact.  Most times it is very hard for me to eat 5 meals a day because I stay so busy, or I'm just not hungry.  I have found that the best way to conquer this is to prepare my little menu plan the night before and have everything organized and on the counter or in the fridge.  This is also a very good way to make sure I don't "graze."  I was doing this every evening after dinner during the kitchen clean-up.  Here's to me--GETTING BACK ON TRACK AGAIN!!

Gina Stephens

Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Wyoming!!
wyo_sarah · 3 replies · 5113 views
Little Bites
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5709 views
February 20, 2013
pinklowrider · 2 replies · 6258 views
Good Morning Wyoming
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5637 views