Just started foster to adopt classes

Sue M.
on 4/2/05 2:51 am - Beason (Lincoln area), IL
Hello Everyone, Well last night my husband and I started the first of 9 classes for foster to adopt program. We are very excited and are anxious to get our family on the way. I have always wanted to adopt even as a youngster I had believed that one day soon I would be adopting children from numerous places. I thank God that he has placed my husband and I together and that we both share a common vision. we have two teenagers my youngest is 14 and will be graduating from the 8th grade with honors, and my daughter is turning 18 she is out of school now and starting a family of her own. Our first grandbaby is due June 21st. So as you see we have lots going on and oh my I am rambling on, sorry but I am excited!!!!
FaithMills
on 4/4/05 4:05 am - Hornell, NY
Congrats. Its a long road MAPP class. but worth it. I have 3 bio children and 4 adopted. May be going for the 5th soon. I'm a foster/adoptive parent and a MAPP co-leader. I always love helping people along on their journey to adoption. Somewhere out there are the kids for you. I too always wanted to adopt. Where are you located? I'm in Western, NY Faith
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/05 1:22 pm - Rosiclare, IL
Im so glad i checked back on the adoption posts not many post except once in a while.Im in the southern illinois area.My sister lives in Lincoln,and my moms adoptive parents lived in Lincoln when they were doin foster care.I was thinking of becomeing a foster mother.I have already adopted one child.She was a innerfamily adoption.I think adoption is great,and i have been learning what it takes to become a foster mom.Well congrats,and good luck.
Most Active