Little Angel Adoptions

Shannon T.
on 4/5/05 9:38 pm - Marinette, WI
Hello all. Hope it's okay if I just jump in. We have been contemplating adoption for about 4 years now. We have no children of our own. My mother gave me the link for little angel adoptions. It is run by an attorney in California. They have a flat fee, which is something I've not run across before. Facilitated by an Attorney seems like an awesome way to go, and we're so excited now that we plan to start fundraising for our adoption. Anyway, there is a 2 year contract and unfortunately if they don't place a child with you in that timeframe you lose your money... that part is terrifying! The cost is $9,850. If you pay in full you get $400 off. Thats an incentive I guess. She's sending me the material in the mail and I'll have more details... but it really seems like a legitimate place. Shannon Terpstra
Wendy Kipp
on 4/20/05 1:14 am - MI
Hello Shannon, I am new here and just saw your post. I have two adopted children. Both from foster care here in Michigan. I had two natural children already that my husband adopted in his name also. I am big on adopting children, however I know for alot of families the cost is out of the question. My sister is adopting internationally and it is costing her 25 thousand!! I urge you to consider foster care as an option. It costs nothing to adopt your foster children when they become available for placement. Many babies are available if that is important to you, however older children need loving homes desperately. My two boys were 3 and 6 when they were placed with us and we adopted them 2 years later. I know that some placements aren't permanent, however fostering gives you a chance to experience parenthood ahead of time and also the training you recieve is invaluable as a teaching tool for parenting. Foster adoptions, children 3 and over are considered special placements in most states and they actually pay you a supplemental income every month until the child is 18! This helps with expenses and extras that some people would otherwise have trouble providing. Also the waiting list is almost non-existent after your license is provided to you. Many children are waiting for homes already. There is a website for national adoption you can check out yourself. It is http://www adoptuskids.org, please check it out in your search for you child. If you have any questions or want to know more, e-mail me and I would be happy to answer your questions. Wendy D.
Stacy M.
on 6/29/05 2:32 pm - Owatonna, MN
My husband and I adopted a beautiful 1 year old girl last year- there was no cost to us, we also get adoption subsidies each month, and all of her daycare and health care is paid for. We did this through Downey Side Families for youth. I am not sure how many states they are active in, or if it is just here in Minnesota, but you should check into agancies like this. All we had to do was take some classes on adoption, do a typical homestudy, and get a background and health check. There was a really nice adoption worker there with us through everything- She worked hard to help us find our daughter! The only downfall of this process is that if you are looking for an infant, this wouldn't be the way to go, since most of the children are a little older, and most are in foster care. We really lucked out and got a very young child. It just seems so risky to me to give someone $10,000 and you are not even guaranteed to be matched with a child. I would reccomend that you do some more research- don't just jump into it because you are excited to be a parent. If you do decide to go with the Little Angel Adoption agency- ask for some references and see if there are any families who have adopted through thier agancy who you could talk to about thier experiences. Make sure they are extremely legit! Good Luck!
Ruth A.
on 4/1/06 11:08 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
We too adopted after fostering first. We were originally going to adopt through a private agency, but a couple of things changed our minds. One main thing was that there will always be families waiting and wanting babies & children from private agencies. There are so many babies and children in the foster care system that are desperate for families and not enough families to go around. We started off fostering new born babies, and adopted our daughter when she was 17 months. We also get a subsidy for her until she leaves education which really helps out, although we would still have adopted her anyway. It can be heart wrenching at times, when the babies have grown with you but then move on, if you take that route of fostering first, but it's such a wonderful feeling knowing that you have given that child the best start they can have in life! In Texas you can also register just to adopt and not foster if you don't feel able to foster. Even though adoption is such an emotive issue, I urge you to consider all ways to adopt before making any financial commitments. I am so glad we didn't pay out $20,000 with the risk of no child at the end of it. Let us know how you get on Ruth
Most Active