Foster and adoption

cncarver
on 4/24/05 2:04 pm - Bolivia, NC
I feel it is God's plan for me to work with the department of social services as a foster and adoptive parent. I have been working with them for the past 5 years. I have adopted 2 girls they were foster children fom the ages of 8 and 13. Now they are 13 and 18. The 18 year old no longer lives with us but we have been blessed with a 2 and 4 year old. I am a single parent and my life revolves around these children. My 13 and 4 year olds are special needs and my 2 year old is to smart for her own good. I have had 11 different foster children in the past 5 years and hope to adopt the 2 I have now. I have had them for 11 months. They keep me busy busy busy. I am looking forward to my surgery so I can get a nap
Sun S.
on 5/18/05 12:40 pm - Frederick, MD
WOW Callie- you are truely a blessing to those children. My husband and I worked for a local group home for boys and ended up adopting a 15 yr old about 5 yrs ago. He's now in college and comes home when he needs his laundry washed. We have 3 children together, girl-8, girl, 6 and boy 4. Children are truely a blessing!! Keep up the great work! You will be rewarded greatly-- everyday!!!
DavisDeb
on 8/28/05 3:51 pm - Eastern, WA
That is sooo wonderful you have adopted (and plan to) these children!! My husband and myself have 3 birth children 17yr, 15yrs, 12yrs and we also have adopted from the foster care system, siblings 10yrs, 8yrs and a special needs child 5yrs. We are currently in the process of adopting a foster child (6yrs) who had left our home due to problems with his birth family stalking us 6 months ago but when his parents rights were terminated, he asked if he could come back to his family (us). With much persistance on his part, his wishes have came through and he will be our #7 child!! We did not get into fosterparenting to adopt; however, once we opened our home to these children God did the rest. I don't plan on taking any more children after this adoption for fear we would end up like the old women that lived in a shoe (LOL) but God may have other plans only time will tell. I pray your adoption goes smoothly and your family bonds in love. God Bless. Debbie Davis
cncarver
on 5/10/06 2:14 am - Bolivia, NC
thank you for the words of encourgement. I am on the last mile here. The paprs have been signed and we are just waiting for them to come back from the clerk of courts.
Most Active