Find Birth Family

lighthousegrl89
on 4/25/05 5:44 am - Vanceboro, NC
Does anyone have information on how to go about locating your birth family. Are their people who can help, and it not cost alot. Thanks for your input.
Wildcat Lady
on 6/29/05 1:29 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I petitioned the court in the county I was adopted in to unseal my records. They had to contact my birth mother to get the ok, but it turns out she was looking for me too. It didn't cost me a dime. Hugs Kim
Connie P.
on 7/2/05 7:54 am - Landrum, SC
!!!!!!! I was also adopted in FL but paid a great deal of money to a search and support group. My birth mother was found after 8 days. They had a great deal of info to sort out but I received her name, address,phone and also my sisters info. I was told my closed file could not be opened to me.
Wildcat Lady
on 7/2/05 9:43 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I am not from Florida, I just live here now. I am from Kentucky.
Alisa_U
on 8/12/05 12:40 pm - TX
Hi lemme tell you what I did. I contacted the agency I was adopted thru. They then contacted my birth mother, and set the ball in motion. It cost me NOTHING. I started on Oct 13th 2003....and by NOV 13th I was reunited. I met my birth family and spent some time with them at Christmas.
Margo M.
on 8/20/05 11:51 am - Elyria, OH
much depends on when you were born-if prior to 1980 your records are most likely sealed and your mother must have given permission to be found. there is an international registry-online -soundex? i was born in 1954 in michigan- had to write for info and fill out some forms- cost me $60.00 for them to make the connection. it was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!
Kaye C.
on 9/18/05 8:28 am - Richfield, ID
There is a free site to check also. I gave up a daughter in 1969 and we found each other in 2001. We have a great relationship, and my son and other daughter just got a bonus a new sister. I got my daughter back and son in law and 2 beautiful grandsons so what ever you do do not give up. Kaye http://www.adoptionsearchbureau.com
robison9582
on 9/30/08 2:36 am - North Ogden, UT
I know this is an old post but hope someone else will read it and be helped.  If you are an adoptee or birth family member searching register for free at www.gsadoptionregistry.com.  The next thing to do is to contact the adoption agency or state of birth vital statistics office and request the non-identifying information.  This information must legally be given to the adoptee.  It gives you age, education and medical information but it will assist the 'search angel' ing helping you with your search.  NEVER, EVER, pay for information.  There are so many ways of getting information that search angels know that there is never a reason to pay for it.
Most Active