Foster parent and adopted

ERIN_AK
on 9/15/05 7:16 am - Wasilla, AK
I adopted three wonderful children I had in my care as thier foster mom. They have been in my care for over 5 years now and I was able to adopt them 2 years ago. They are all special needs, but who cares, doesnt matter to me, I love them all so much, no matter what life tossed at them at birth. I have bee a foster parent for the State of AK for over 8 years now and I love it. I have had almost 32 kids in my home who called me "auntie", which was fine with me, I wasnt replacing a parent, I became an adopted relative to them and the families. Life is great with lil ones in the house, and be able to help someone who needed my help during a time of need in thiers.
whatadish
on 9/18/05 2:22 am - Southwest, FL
Sounds like a house foull of love to me! Blessings to you and your family. Laurie I (mother of Dominic age 18 -yikes did time fly!!)
Ruth A.
on 3/31/06 4:11 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
My husband Ron and I fostered and adopted one of our foster babies when she was 17 months while we were living in Texas. We have now moved to the UK - I am British, but I really miss fostering. It's not the same system over here. One day we hope to return to foster and hopefully adopt again. What's the system like where you live? Blessings to all your extended family Ruth
cncarver
on 5/9/06 2:00 am - Bolivia, NC
That is great for you I too am a foster parent. I have been for 6 years and have adopted 2 special needs children as well. I got my girls at 8 and 13 and now they are 14 and almost 19. The 14 year old is proving to be quite a challange. I am nw in the process in Adopting 2 more children ages 3 and 5. I have had them for almost 2 years. I love children and would keep them all if I could but I am single and I feel that I have reacheed my limit for not.
Most Active