Recent Posts

Maritza .
on 5/7/06 2:14 am - Somewhere, KY
Topic: Advocacy 2006
I noticed that there weren't many post here especially in 2006. If anyone can relate -- let's talk. It what I do everyday and I love it. < Maressa
ladylou
on 12/7/05 4:27 pm - Haughton, LA
Topic: Going for it. :fairy:
I have had some great news and yet a bit sad I guess. A Great Uncle I never knew passed away and left me some money. That's the sad part his passing. The great part is I plan on moving to Nevada and while I get my divorce and wait for the person I want to spend time with to be able to join me. I plan on having a gastric bypass done. I have never cheated on my husband. I just can't live with the man I blame for causing me to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I can hire a nursing service to care for me and have it set up before the operation. With an apartment not too far from the hospital. I just hope that it will not take too long to get in and have it done. I want to be well healed when he gets back. He has to be out of the country for 6 to 7 more months and I don't know that it will turn into more than friends but that's ok. I don't know that I want it to. I just want to look on the outside like I feel on the inside.
bumga001
on 9/14/04 2:48 pm - Southside, AL
Topic: RE: Hello (hello) ((hello)) (((hello)))
I breast fed my three children and would do it again (if I wasn't sooo old). My daughter is breast feeding my 1 year old granddaughter and she is doing beautifully. She is my sunshine! I think breast feeding is one of the most natural things a mother can do for her children. I do not having any problems with them being breast fed until they are over a year old either. My middle daughter was breast feed until she was about 18 months old, my other daughter only until she was six months old because she was sooooo busy and did not like not being able to look around. Keep up the good work! S. Bumgardner
Barbara H.
on 8/18/04 9:11 am - Brooklyn, NY
Topic: Injured at Work
Advocacy Anyone here been injured on the job. I was injured at work, then fired. The workers comp nightmare goes on and on. It has been almost three years and nothing has been resolved. I started a group on msn called NYC Worker's Comp Support. I figure if we share our stories maybe we can help each other. I am on SSD and really would like to meet others who might be having similar experiences. Barbara
Barbara H.
on 8/18/04 9:07 am - Brooklyn, NY
Topic: RE: Hello (hello) ((hello)) (((hello)))
Hi I breast fed my son, but he is 28 now. I can tell you he is a great kid. mom is proud. Did breast feeding help, I think yes. The bond was so very special. My son was off the breast and the bottle by nine months with no problem. He is very bright and has an excellent career. He got his masters last year in Human Computer Interaction. If a mom can do it I really say it is great, Even though I had a hard time, my son was not gaining weight and at 3 months the doc told me to supplement. So he got a little of this and a little of that. Regards, Barbara
Amanda M.
on 6/21/04 11:37 am - Palos Hills, IL
Topic: Hello (hello) ((hello)) (((hello)))
Anyone out there! I'm curious if there are any other Breastfeeding Advocates out there?? Amanda
JC
on 1/27/04 7:13 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Welcome to the Advocacy Forum message board

Creating your own post - how to use emoticons

Emoticons associated with your post's title

One emoticon may be associated with your post's title. (We currently do not support embedding emoticons in post titles; the emoticon image you select to go with your post will appear to the left of the post's title.) To select an emoticon image to go with your post title, click the down-arrow marked Title Images to the left of the area where you will type your post. A menu of images should appear; click on one to make it the title image of your post. The image you have selected will appear outlined in red in the Title Images menu.

Emoticons inserted into your post

As many emoticons as you like may be inserted into the body of your post. To view the available emoticons which you may insert, click the down-arrow marked Message Emoticons to the left of the area where you type your post. You will see a list of textual representations of emoticons and their corresponding emoticon images. To insert an image into your post, type the corresponding text. For example, to include this image :-) in your post, you'd type :-), and to include this one :angel: you'd type :angel:.

Click here to view a list of all members who have posted to this message board.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Advocacy 2006
Maritza . · 0 replies · 307 views
Going for it. :fairy:
ladylou · 0 replies · 300 views
Injured at Work
Barbara H. · 0 replies · 902 views